Budget Energy

Comments

• ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The part that bothers me is that once you switch, there's the usual 14 day cooling off period before you can move to the new company. Budget have told me that their new higher tariff will be charged from the 30th Dec. So with the Christmas holidays and the 14 day cool off, there's no way to avoid paying this high tariff for a while.

Of course, it'll only be a few days but on principle, I think Budget should have given everyone a month's notice.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    ripplyuk wrote: »
    The part that bothers me is that once you switch, there's the usual 14 day cooling off period before you can move to the new company. Budget have told me that their new higher tariff will be charged from the 30th Dec. So with the Christmas holidays and the 14 day cool off, there's no way to avoid paying this high tariff for a while.

Of course, it'll only be a few days but on principle, I think Budget should have given everyone a month's notice.

If your on PAYG there is, it wont change until you top up after 30th December, so top up enough now
  • n1guy
    n1guy Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I emailed budget to tell them I'm leaving and no reply so phoned them and they didn't care.

I went to SSE.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    i signed up to click.
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • Old_Git wrote: »
    i signed up to click.

I hope this isn't cheeky but in case I missed something why are people signing up to Click over SSE when it's cheaper?
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I hope this isn't cheeky but in case I missed something why are people signing up to Click over SSE when it's cheaper?

I can't speak for others but I wouldn't even consider SSE after my previous experience with them, no matter how cheap they are. It was a nightmare and took months to sort out.

For me, it was either Open Electric or Click.
  • Thank you!
    SSE, are awful :(

SSE for over a year would take 25% of whatever my gran would top up with on her meter. They refused to talk to anyone but my gran about this and we felt awful having to practically force my gran to talk to them in a grueling hour long phone call when they eventfully admitted that there was no reason she was losing this 25%. Still took several letters after that to get them to sort if fully.

I decided to switch to Click for the £15 x 2 and then over to Open after six months for there £30 (if they're till offering it).
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    edited 17 December 2016 at 3:05AM

I was with SSE a few years ago .I was on bill pay paying by DD .I moved house and it took two years to get the money they owed me back .
    At the moment SSE are only cheaper on bill pay not on Keypad
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!

SSE are 13.81

Click are 13.38

That's keypad
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Well Open are now no longer an option!............just had an email from PowerNI advising me that Open electric have stopped trading and I have been switched to them (Keypad) - new keypad number supplied. Prob now switch to click
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure