IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Link Parking residently PCN

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 June 2017 at 1:11PM

I still have the lease document and a written notice from my landlord to say I have dominion over the space. But at this point I'm getting concerned and considering just paying the damn thing.

And this is the point that you have rights to that space
    Link parking will not have landlord permission to override your
    rights

Therefore, Link had no right to obtain details and can now
    be subject to a DATA breach which would be costly for them

Personally, I would write a swift simple letter to Gladstones
    stating your rights for parking and requesting proof from Link
    that they have permission to override your rights.
    Also warn them that you consider this a data breach and you
    be claiming against them.

Do not even consider paying them

Gladstones will probably be into another whooping from the court.
    Chances are very high that at the last minute they discontinue
    when their tea boy realises how stupid he is
  • beamerguy wrote: »
    And this is the point that you have rights to that space
    Link parking will not have landlord permission to override your
    rights

Therefore, Link had no right to obtain details and can now
    be subject to a DATA breach which would be costly for them

Personally, I would write a swift simple letter to Gladstones
    stating your rights for parking and requesting proof from Link
    that they have permission to override your rights.
    Also warn them that you consider this a data breach and you
    be claiming against them.

Do not even consider paying them

Thank you.
    I need to obtain a full copy of the lease to check the exact wording (at the moment I only have a floor plan style copy) but the landlord letter advised that she is the owner of the space and that Link should take instruction from me as to vehicles I want registered there.

Writing to Gladestones seems to get me nowhere but I will take your advice and respond with that. Although, I already asked them for copies of the alleged registration emails Link claimed to have sent and all I got back was the email I quoted above, saying 'you're the driver, pay in 7 days'
  • beamerguy
    Thank you.
    I need to obtain a full copy of the lease to check the exact wording (at the moment I only have a floor plan style copy) but the landlord letter advised that she is the owner of the space and that Link should take instruction from me as to vehicles I want registered there.

Writing to Gladestones seems to get me nowhere but I will take your advice and respond with that. Although, I already asked them for copies of the alleged registration emails Link claimed to have sent and all I got back was the email I quoted above, saying 'you're the driver, pay in 7 days'

We know writing to Gladstones falls on deaf ears, they are indeed
    very ignorant. That infact goes in your favour, judges do not take
    kindly to ignorant solicitors

Don't expect a reply, however they cannot refuse a judge
    for the information

Either email them with a copy to yourself or post and get a "proof of posting" receipt ... not recorder/registered etc.
  • beamerguy wrote: »
    We know writing to Gladstones falls on deaf ears, they are indeed
    very ignorant. That infact goes in your favour, judges do not take
    kindly to ignorant solicitors

Don't expect a reply, however they cannot refuse a judge
    for the information

Either email them with a copy to yourself or post and get a "proof of posting" receipt ... not recorder/registered etc.

Well I've kept copies of the information I requested from them and I'll keep a copy of this as well when I send it.

Is it worth me telling them what I told Link Parking about that initial email being informal? Or shall I abandon that altogether and stick with the defence of it being my space.
  • beamerguy
    Well I've kept copies of the information I requested from them and I'll keep a copy of this as well when I send it.

Is it worth me telling them what I told Link Parking about that initial email being informal? Or shall I abandon that altogether and stick with the defence of it being my space.

No point in telling Gladstones any more, it would overload
    their limited brain power

Keep everything just in case
  • Thank you for all the responses. I guess I will just have to ride this out.
    I didn't want to cave and pay because I know that they're in the wrong in this situation but have found a way to wriggle out of every point I've made to them.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    I find that if letters are ignored, write more letters. On one occasion, when I was in a dispute with Orange, they tried too deal with the matter over the phone. I told them to write to me, but they would not.

Eventually, I took it to the Ombudsman and my six ignored letters were what swung it for me.

Keep writing to them, and, when it gets in front of a judge, ask for "unreasonable behaviour" costs at £19 an hour for your time.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Where would I be able to get a copy of the lease document? I think it's worth me getting that now to avoid any further issues.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Where would I be able to get a copy of the lease document? I think it's worth me getting that now to avoid any further issues.
    Landowners or Managing Agents.
    I was handed the parking ticket and appealing for a friend. I worded it that way since the vehicle was parked in my space. Like I said, I really didn't think it would ever get to this stage.

You need to state that clearly (again, in writing) so I say, you DO need to contact G's again, NOW. Keep proof of sending your email or letter (free proof of posting from the PO counter, NOT just posting a letter in a post box; NOT Recorded delivery).

Otherwise they will use the letter they just sent you and will say ''look, she didn't reply, so it's only reasonable that we continued to believe she was driving.''
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    beamerguy wrote: »
    No point in telling Gladstones any more, it would overload
    their limited brain power

Keep everything just in case

It's not brain power. They get paid, win or lose so they keep sending their sacrificial lambs out to be slaughtered in court knowing the client will pay regardless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure