Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Options

Comments

• Mayflower10cat
    Options
    Well, my Aromatics Elixir -It smells very like the real thing, not absolutely identical, It's just a shame they don't have any Arpege or Caleche smell-alikes or I'd have ordered those as well.
    I ordered it for my Mum - it's one of her all time favourites. I've had a sniff and I agree, whilst it's not absolutely spot on, it's still very pleasant. I also ordered Cinnabar for her and White Patchouli as she loves anything spicy and fairly 'heavy'.

I also love anything green, fresh, crisp and almost 'sour' so I'm in total agreement about Caleche and Arpege! I ordered Chanel no19 for myself and was a bit disappointed - it's much sweeter than the real thing. One of the other bottles in my order had broken in transit and all the bottles were drenched in the oil, it was replaced for me but it did mean all the bottles smell overpoweringly of Citrus & lavender. I also ordered 'black vetyver cafe' for myself -I've had the Jo Malone Vetyver and it's absolutely heavenly, so fresh and dry. The 'Black Vetyver' wasn't exactly what I expected but on the plus side it's not at all sweet and slightly spicy.

It was an interesting experience and I'll be ordering again, but I'll order the smallest sizes this time, so I can 'test' first!
  • mad_as_a_march_hare
    Options
    I've just recieved my sprays today, they are so elegantly styled i love the bottles, they smell spot on, and i have to say i'm so pleased that so many of you say you like the Vera Wang, as i decided to try it, and i think it smells lovely.

Now i will just have to wait for my other halfs verdict, as some perfumes can give him a head ache.
  • La-Cara
    La-Cara Posts: 915 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I find that Impulse Goddess (comes in a cream coloured aerosol spray) smells very much like Clinique Happy
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm on my 4th lot now still on the oils and just had :

Tresor...brings back the memories as this was my first ever proper scent.
    D&G feminine..again, smells like white musk from the body shop.
    Amazing grace Philosophy...never smelt the original but this smells really fresh like babies and clean linen...love it.
    Shalimar...my old trusty and inexpensive fave.
    Jean Paul Gautier original the pink bottle one... woman is it? not sure....anyway i find it too powdery for me but not sure the real life smell but i have given this one away :(

I'll be back :D
  • Minniethemoocher
    Options
    Ordered from the Perfume Parlour after reading this thread, little Christmas treat for myself. I ordered
    Ghost, Issey Miyake and Cool Water and they are all lovely!

They capture the "essence" of the scents, IYKWIM

Received them very quickly, very pleased. Going to try Flowerbomb next after reading the rave reviews on here.
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Oh, I hope you'll like Flowerbomb, I think it's truly delicious. Another one I'm really pleased with is Cabotine: I wasn't familiar with the real thing but it's lovely and fresh and powdery.
  • curlytop12
    curlytop12 Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hello,have just placed order,but it hasn't asked for my debit card details---do i pay on arrival??
    thanks in advance!
  • Minniethemoocher
    Options
    When I placed my order I checked out and used paypal. I would check with them as I can't see them sending out your order before you have paid for it.

I may try Cabotine too!

Does anyone else have any recommendations?
  • xoxo_2
    xoxo_2 Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    How similar to the original do Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle smell? :) I've just placed an order so will find out soon but i'm not very patient :)
    :j
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    xoxo wrote: »
    How similar to the original do Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle smell? :) I've just placed an order so will find out soon but i'm not very patient :)

Flowerbomb is perfect but the Coco Mademoiselle is not quite right, it smells lovely but its not quite there. I have so many of these now :o and have to say that almost every one has been spot on!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback