Real Xmas trees half price in Asda £12.50

Options
Real Christmas trees were half price in Asda, reduced from £25 to £12.50. I think I heard that they were reduced for this weekend only.

Merry Christmas x

Comments

• needing-help
    Options
    Thank you so much. We were on route to the garden centre when I read this so we made a detour. The trees were still priced at £25 so I asked and the staff confirmed they were £12.50

The only 1 left had a bit broken off the top so I went all mse and asked if I could have it for £10. Not only did the manager agree but he gave us a free stand as well.

:j
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not sure how tall these ones are but we got ours from a cut-your-own place (small independent company) and it was £3 per foot, so our 5 foot tree was £15. It's not as tall as we've had some years but it's huge and bushy. :D And it's good fun choosing the one you want in a field then wielding a big saw to cut it down!

They were considerably cheaper than we've paid in previous years at garden centres.
  • rellarips
    Options
    Awww I really miss the smell of a real tree. Haven't had one the past three years since dd was born, didn't think nappies, bare feet and dropped needles mixed too well :). Maybe next year.....!
  • needing-help
    Options
    Wow that's a good price. The place near us is charging £8 per hour:eek: The one we got from Asda is 5ft.

My friend has a forest near her where you choose your own tree, they cut it down then hitch it up to a Newfoundland dog who drags it to your car for you.
    :rotfl:
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    For anywhere in north Essex / south Suffolk, this is where ours came from:

http://www.edwardstonechristmastrees.co.uk/

Just in case it's helpful next year.

Amazing place. You arrive at a house. The family own a large field behind the garden. So you walk through their garden and come out in a field of thousands of Christmas trees! They'll cut it for you if you want, but most people take the offered saw and go and chop it down themselves.

They open each year on 1st December. You can either take your tree away with you on the day, or pay for it and put a tag on it, reserving it for you. Then you can go back nearer Christmas to get it.

We just cut ours and took it on 2nd December when we went. Stored it in the garage in a bucket of water until yesterday, when we put it up. Still looks as good as the day we bought it. :)

Only £3 per foot so £15 for ours. It's so bushy and lovely. It's 5 foot tall and probably 5 foot wide as well. :D
  • magpie
    magpie Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are now reduced to £9 in my local Asda on the Fylde coast
    :wave:
  • mandycr
    mandycr Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    £7 today in my local almondvale west lothian
    best win in 2011:eek: 4 nights in Las Vegas :eek: