Music Magpie: new quick way to sell unwanted CDs

Comments

• do they take cd singles or just albums?

i have masses of 90's/britpop singles that i need rid off and this would be ideal

if not, can anyone make any suggestions where I can sell them without having to post each one individually like amazon?

cheers
  • I was going to do it, especially when I was getting £3 for one of them. I was curious to see what sort of price they would be selling it for and was quite surprised to see it for sale at £18.99. needless to say I decided against it.
    Debt at worst: £33000
    Debt now: £0, (Ok, a £650 overdraft)
    £3000 Credit card (aiming to get this down with 0% card)
  • littleange
    littleange Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    do they take cd singles or just albums?

i have masses of 90's/britpop singles that i need rid off and this would be ideal

if not, can anyone make any suggestions where I can sell them without having to post each one individually like amazon?

cheers

I tried some singles with no luck.
  • lauzjp
    lauzjp Posts: 415 Forumite
    cash generator take some cd singles, but this may depend on your local branch
  • do they take cd singles or just albums?

cheers

sell them as one lot on ebay.

you won't fetch the same price as selling individually but you may get another trader or collector taking them.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
  • just listed a load of cd's on music magpie and it says will give us £25 quid for the lot which seems ok cos there is no way I would have ever bothered putting them all on ebay. Strangely enough, the one the fetched the highest price was a Ricky Tomlinson one (not mine btw). Gonna wait to see how the transaction is before putting the rest on.
  • had another look at them today - going by what the page says the most they'll pay you is £3.00 - however expensive/rare your cd is.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • lauzjp
    lauzjp Posts: 415 Forumite
    I got my envelopes today, so I will post them off tomorrow (assuming I can find the cd's - as we are in the middle of building work!)
  • Think Im probably going to do this. The CDs Ive looked at on ebay dont seem to get any offers at all. A carboot sale probably wouldnt get more than 10p for some singles.

Slightly worried about the condition of some of my CDs which are scrached. Apparently toothpaste is brill for cleaning them.
  • Spectralis wrote: »
    To those who've already sold CD's - how do you send the CD's you sell? I read on here that they send pre-paid jiffy bags. Are these sturdy enough to protect the CD's? How many CD's per package? Also read that it's best to send the packages recorded delivery/registered post or something. Which one is it and how much does it cost? Thanks in advance.

I post them in the prepaid jiffy bag, but take it to the post office to get a certificate of posting before sending.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure