IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park Watch PCN

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mo_1 wrote: »
    When appealing to Popla is it done through a website or is it an email, i am considering drafting the popla appeal as i still have not recived anything from ParkWatch

I’m sure the precise instructions are detailed on the POPLA website - always best get it from an official source if one is available.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Website, using the acccess code you have for a BPA member refusing an appeal.
  • mo_1
    mo_1 Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just as i thought the appeal has been rejected, now for the popla appeal... other than the template for the popla appeal what else should/could i add. Should the 2 points below be added?

1. There is no length of time on the original NTK, is this a requirement?

2. One of the photos that ParkWatch have taken is of the driver on a public road appraching the car park.
  • mo_1
    Options
    I could do with some assistance on this please, i am abroad and have very limited internet access.

Park Watch emailed me on 5th Dec, when is the last date i can submit the appeal to Popla. I am not back in the UK until 31st Dec
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have a POPLA code?

If so you have 28 days
  • mo_1
    Options
    I have the code, it was sent on 5th Dec. Is the last day i can reply the 1st or 2nd Jan?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    they typically last around 30 days but due to the bank holiday I would not be pushing it so 2nd or 3rd jan

over 3 weeks is plenty of time to construct a popla appeal and submit it online and you can do this from abroad if you like
  • mo_1
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, is it worth adding the two points below to the template?

1. There is no length of time on the original NTK, is this a requirement?

2. One of the photos that ParkWatch have taken is of the driver on a public road appraching the car park.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    Options
    One of the photos that ParkWatch have taken is of the driver on a public road appraching the car park.

You need to take every advantage open to you in your POPLA appeal.
    There is no length of time on the original NTK, is this a requirement?

You need to understand the requirements of PoFA if you are to make key points of attack against the PPC’s attempt to invoke Keeper Liability, so do please check that out in Schedule 4 of the Act.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mo_1
    Options
    I am fairly sure that duration is a requirement, i am abroad in a remote village so find it very difficult to get internet connection. I will be very greatful if someone can confirm please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure