Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 21 November 2017 at 6:02PM
    locarr wrote: »
    popped in to town to pick these up but disappeared from my O2,

Altho it did have a festive meal deal for £1, sandwich, drink and snack...not bad apart from my whsmiths don't do meal deals :(

My OH still had his Card code in his saved list but mine had reverted back and I couldnt find it, much huffing and puffing from OH, he of course found it straight away.
    We got 2 of the sets for £4.99 each - much rather have a few good quality ones. I still have some of last years very pretty bauble ones with the silver confetti
    Oddly they show on the receipt through the till at £2.99

Our WHSmiths is peculiar as its in a very small building they opened a second store across the road for stationary.

So a good day for freebies - hot chocolate, cream and sprinkles from Neros for £3.05 and Christmas cards for £4.99, both free from ooooo2 plus the £5 Iceland vouchers this morning and free Glenliven yogurts from COS in Sainsburys.
    AP gave me 7 draws, 2 free Marks cokes and a £3 Greegs
    About £32 worth :D

Also I've been uploading receipts to bigDL for what seems years, not very consistantly as they take a while to get approved and its one receiot per store per day but finally today I had enough to convert into a £10 Amazon - it seems to be a physical gift card that arrives in about 5 days, have to see
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • emerald21 wrote: »
    Should be ok just keep emails of order etc incase they “ forget “ lol

thanks emerald,i wont be rushing to repeat the experience.40 mins to order some loo roll was madness,i even gave up trying to login to my superdrug account and checked out as a guest.:o
    hope you had a nice time in lovely chester.:)
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Hello TS:A

:T:T:beer::j:beer::):D

I’m off out whoopsying. Everyone can make their own food tonight:rotfl:

I have an itch that needs scratching:D

:eek:...Take poo bags with you...I think you will need them...:rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Must just mention......you may recall that I ordered quite a bit of stuff at the weekend from Marksies:whistle::whistle:

Well it’s started arriving....one item at a time:o

There’s a message on the box which tells me the revolutionary way that M&S are saving money on packaging but up to now I’ve had 5 boxes delivered separately :eek: containing one item at a time. It must be costing them a fortune.

I’m hoping I haven’t ticked a boxes asking for quick deliveries or something;) .Its such a waste:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    Evening folks :D

Someone added me to the extreme couponing and something else Facebook page. Oh. My. Dear. Lord. How does anyone who isn't able to spend all day in Facebook have time to look at that page?! It filled my newsfeed up totally :eek:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite

:rotfl::rotfl:

You know what......there will be nothing tonight.

If I see any 10p bread I’m going to buy 20 loaves:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador

When I click on the very helpful numbers in your signature, it gives me the option to call the number rather than taking me to the posts
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I’ve had an email from Nectar.

To say thank you for collecting points this year, here's a little boost from Sainsbury's and us. So why not treat yourself to a little something extra this Christmas?

You've opened this email, now all you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy 1,000 points on us.

Your points will be added to your account by 5 December 2017, check the Nectar app or nectar.com to see your new balance.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I’ve had an email from Nectar.

To say thank you for collecting points this year, here's a little boost from Sainsbury's and us. So why not treat yourself to a little something extra this Christmas?

You've opened this email, now all you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy 1,000 points on us.

Your points will be added to your account by 5 December 2017, check the Nectar app or nectar.com to see your new balance.

Wow......you lucky thing:T
    :Right I’m going:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 21 November 2017 at 5:51PM
    So last Christmas I was sorting through Christmas decorations aided by Eldest child who insisted I culled the excess bits and the best went into a seperate box which has loitered on top of the wardrobe all year and finally it went to the local hospice furniture waterhouse place who have a corner for Christmas decorations.
    So we now have an empty spot on top of the wardrobe.

Whilst there I found a new rug which was a perfect replacement for the threadbare one under the desk (the old rug must have been in the dining room originally many years ago) - cream, blue and navy diamonds. I thought this was going to be a massive job finding a replacement of the right size and thickness but this was a very simple solution and £30 to the hospice.
    The old threadbare one went up to the tip with the light bulb collection we culled from the basket on top of the kitchen units .

I also had someone from Freecycle who was moving house, collect my cardboard box collection which had built up again.

Apart from that I've been trying not to do anymore clearing and cleaning and culling for now but even so a bag for the charity shop filled itself over the weekend.

Errant son also has made a start - cleared the various flotsam off the top bunk and emptied a big under the bed box which was mainly old receipts and paperwork for recycling down to a shoe box of essential stuff - he is a far worse hoarder than I will ever be.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure