Are drivers 'at-fault' obligated to provide their dash cam?

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes you can have a copy of the footage but you must pay the costs to have it transferred onto DVD's. Its a 64GB card and its full :)

£10 ph and my computer is really slow and it doesnt have a DVD drive so i will add one of those to the invoice. Estimated 40 hours to complete it + postage of course.

Do you still want a copy?

Yes - set it copying onto one of these, and it will not take any more than a minute of your actual time.
    https://www.7dayshop.com/64gb-flash-drive/intenso-speed-line-usb-3-0-flash-drive-memory-stick-64gb
  • matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    AdrianC wrote: »
    "Evidence" for what charge?

Careless/dangerous driving/speeding/any other road traffic offence(s) committed.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That sounds rather as if there's a fishing expedition going on, with no idea as to whether there's actually been ANY offence committed or not.
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Warwick_Hunt Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    matttye wrote: »
    Just thinking actually. s23 PACE defines premises as "any place" and specifically mentions it included a vehicle.

A public highway is a "place" which they are lawfully on. So if you didn't hand over your dashcam, they could arguably seize your vehicle and everything in it as it contains evidence...

Given you're "an accredited police station representative" I'm surprised you've never come across a vehicle seized as evidence post collision.
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Careless/dangerous driving/speeding/any other road traffic offence(s) committed.

Is careless and speeding indictable?
  • matttye
    Given you're "an accredited police station representative" I'm surprised you've never come across a vehicle seized as evidence post collision.

I have. I was concentrating so much on the question of whether they could enter the vehicle and seize the dashcam that I wasn't really thinking about them just seizing the whole thing.
    Is careless and speeding indictable?

No, but it doesn't need to be. Concealing evidence of any crime can amount to perverting the course of justice. If the crime is particularly minor then they may charge an Obstruct PC instead.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • Warwick_Hunt
    I have. I was concentrating so much on the question of whether they could enter the vehicle and seize the dashcam that I wasn't really thinking about them just seizing the whole thing.

No, but it doesn't need to be.
    Concealing evidence of any crime can amount to perverting the course of justice. If the crime is particularly minor then they may charge an Obstruct PC instead.

Code be suggests you're wrong.
  • matttye
    Code be suggests you're wrong.

I think we're talking at cross purposes here.

GothicStirling said "Concealment of information or evidence is a criminal act known as Perverting The Course of Justice."

AdrianC said ""Evidence" for what charge?"

I said "Careless/dangerous driving/speeding/any other road traffic offence(s) committed."

Code B has nothing to do with perverting the course of justice. Disposing evidence of any crime can amount to perverting the course of justice.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • matttye wrote: »
    I think we're talking at cross purposes here.

GothicStirling said "Concealment of information or evidence is a criminal act known as Perverting The Course of Justice."

AdrianC said ""Evidence" for what charge?"

I said "Careless/dangerous driving/speeding/any other road traffic offence(s) committed."

Code B has nothing to do with perverting the course of justice. Disposing evidence of any crime can amount to perverting the course of justice.

No, but you were talking about the power to enter a vehicle.
  • matttye
    No, but you were talking about the power to enter a vehicle.

Not when I was replying to AdrianC I wasn't. That was a separate discussion.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family