Sealed Pot Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• Ladygrim
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Have been reading the thread from page one to catch up (have been reading for over an hour!)

Mumzy, you take it easy. As many have already said, put your feet up and watch lots of 'bubblegum' TV.
    Sending you lots of love :lovethoug
    Welcome to the whiskey bottle club! lol. Theres (hopefully) 2 of us now!

I've got a Babycham bottle!
    It used to have the label on it, but the birds chewed it off. :mad:
    Have managed to save £21 so far. :T
    nykmedia wrote: »
    Trying again for you :)
    Phil, meet Spot :)

Pigsm.jpg2089224354_b513d30db3_m.jpg

nykmedia wrote: »
    MY CASH COW IS READY TO JOIN 'PHIL THE PIG'! :)

cowsm.jpgGave up on the gold spray as weather has been atrocious and she'd have had to have been sprayed outside. So... here she is, just a plain old black and white fresian, or as I prefer to call it, a black and white freechange cash cow :)

I wanna get ballons and make pigs and cows!! Have written down the recipe for the paste. Am thinking of visiting grand-daughter just so I can 'play' :D

Am also going to have a look at the 'start a cottage industry' thread. How hard will it be to make a paper mache head??? (rubs chin with thoughtful gaze)

LG
    working hard at this thing called life
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone

Just been to get a few more xmas bits and now have another 15 coins for my pot :T and 6 of them were 1 euro coins :j .... and thats not including the 2 - 2 euro coins for my seperate pot... 1 of which i picked up off of the floor on my way home :D ... nothing like finding £1.50 just lying there to brighten the day :rotfl:
    oooohh im feeling really excited and optomistic about this challenge :D

keep up the good work everyone :j
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • KittyBoo_2
    Options
    I know I am quite a bit behind everyone but can I join too?
    I have a terramundi pot that I chiselled open the bottom of and I keep thinking I ought to try and fill it in and then I can pop my change in it.
    I have some coins I keep putting in an old Nat West pig so I wil transfer them and then start again.
    Whatever I save I am going to pay off my credit card even though it is 0%.
    NSK Zombie # SFD 7/15 Food Bank £0/£5
    Food
    £73.57/£122 (incl. pet food)
    Petrol £20/£40
    Exercise 2/15 Outings 1/2
    Debt :eek: £18,917
  • LJD1_2
    LJD1_2 Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    Options
    I'm keeping an eye on this thread and can't wait to see how much you all save. I've done some heavy hinting about getting a terrimundi (sp?) for Christmas so i'm hoping to save £2 for a big holiday in 2009. Suddenly 2009 doesn't seem so far off! Good luck and happy saving everyone xx
    January budget
    Nothing left!
  • 98sidney
    98sidney Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j Hi hows everybody doing. I have found my jar and have added 16 coins few silver ones too. Crazy hey Xmas this year isnt here yet, but here I am looking forward to next xmas..
    ♥♥♥Life is too short to wake up with regrets ♥ So love the people who treat you right. ♥ Forget about the one’s who don’t ♥ Believe everything happens for a reason ♥ If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands ♥ If it changes your life, let it ♥ Nobody said life would be easy, they just promise it would be worth it ♥
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ladygrim wrote: »
    I wanna get ballons and make pigs and cows!! Have written down the recipe for the paste. Am thinking of visiting grand-daughter just so I can 'play' :D

Am also going to have a look at the 'start a cottage industry' thread. How hard will it be to make a paper mache head??? (rubs chin with thoughtful gaze)

LG

Please, whatever you do, do NOT cover your head with a balloon and then paper mache yourself! LOL I'd suggest the balloon attached to something like a Dairylea cheese tub as a stand, rather than egg box cut-outs.
    Is this so you can get your 'money head' on for 2008 or do you just want to tackle this savings challenge 'head on'? :rotfl: Get a piccie on here if you decide to go aHEAD with this LOL
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    Where is the recipe for paper mache?

It sounds like a great thing to do with the kids at school - would it be awful if I made myself one at the same time :rotfl: :D
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • shell37_2
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Not been on for a few days, been catching up on the thread tonight, great to see everyone doing so well with the challenge. My 10yr old was inspired by the paper mache pigs so we've spent 2 evenings covering balloons and waiting for them to dry, hopefuly painting 2moro nite. She's not been well so it's cheered her up a lot. :D

2 weeks tonight, we'll be wondering what all the panic was about as we sit in front of the usual Xmas telly & try not to fall asleep :j Hopefully then I'll be able to put even more coins in my tin!!
    shell37 xx
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids
  • tsharp
    tsharp Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    Options
    They're selling terrimundi at the bookshop near where i work, £17.99 each, bit steep for something i want to save with!
    "I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something."
  • SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    Another 7 coins to add for me.....
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure