Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• I've spent some money on random bits!!!

£13.99 on a tuff spot for DS (I did cancel my £15 per month weekend box as I wasn't impressed this time)

£5.99 on a first aid kit for the car

£13 on some grass seed and a new throw for the sofa.

Think that's all.

Hoping pay slip will be online tomorrow. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • nkkingston
    nkkingston Posts: 488 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you're saving £210 in insurance for a £150 a month outgoing, I think the new car is definitely a positive step. The slightly higher insurance will hopefully be balanced out by lower petrol costs, so really you've got another £60 pm to pay off other debts with. I would put it on your signature, because every time you look at it you can remind yourself other payments are going doing more quickly as a result.

Is there space in the garden for a tent? You can have a mini holiday at home :) Put the radio on loud, do face painting and finger painting with the boys because it doesn't matter if it gets messy (if it's an old tent, finger paint the tent!) and eat chips and ice cream for a weekend. All the fun of a music festival but with access to nice loos.
    Mortgage
    June 2016: £93,295
    September 2021: £66,490
  • Thanks for commenting. The mini garden holiday sounds like a great idea but I think they boys are a bit small at the mo 2 and 4 months. Defiantly in a year or two though.

It was tax saving not insurance unfortunately so it's a yearly saving not monthly. I will bite the bullet and put the car debt down there soo I promise. Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Just doing my online shop and I always feel like I spent far to much. We eat nice home cooked meals every evening meatballs, toad in the hole, chicken and rice etc and usually have sandwiches for lunch inc partners pack up. We raerly drink I'll probably buy a bottle of wine once a month as a treat. Inc nappies, toiletries and nappies I'd say we spend £250 a month for two adults, one toddler. How does that compare to everyone? X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,564 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I would say that sounds pretty good if you are including nappies as well. We spend £250 for 2 adults which is high due to the fact our nearest supermarket is Waitrose and DH does the shopping now he is retired. When I was doing it I could do it cheaper. A bottle of wine a week in that though usually.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • We have the Tesco super Save mid week delivery. It's £4 a month and unlimited delivery tue-thu! It's nap time here and I'm sat doing the shopping with a brew! Much better than panic grabbing bits with a crying baby and whining toddler!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Would the extra petrol spent driving to a cheaper shop be more than you would save? Waitrose is soooo exspensive when it's basically the shopping experience and packaging your paying for. Saying that I would love to shop in Waitrose ha ha x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Is there an Aldi near you? That's where I shop and have saved loads since shopping there
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,564 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Would the extra petrol spent driving to a cheaper shop be more than you would save? Waitrose is soooo exspensive when it's basically the shopping experience and packaging your paying for. Saying that I would love to shop in Waitrose ha ha x

We have a lidls down the road too and when I do the shopping I go there. My DH is not so MSE sadly so I just budget more for food.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ha ha fair enough.

I shop fourtnightly online at Tesco then DP does a fourtnightly Aldi shop for nappies and a few bits we like from there. We used to shop at Aldi all the time but the fruit and veg spoil so quickly and we were getting a bit bored of limited options im a vegetarian and the meat free range is very limited. Plus shopping with two kids in tow is not my idea of fun x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts