HELP What is a customer compliance officer @Job Centre

Comments

• ronson49
    ronson49 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Yeah thats fair enough but what i was told was basically they will look at my/our life and compare it to that of a married or civil couple.

So i dont see how i can prove otherwise if things such as "do you make eachother dinner" "do you share a livingroom" is to be used against me. I mean, what can i do with my life when sharing a flat which makes me say otherwise? "i often threaten my flatmate with violence", " i put razors in her tea" "i put up a new wall to cut the flat into 2".

Its balls.

They said bank accounts too and yes we opened a bank account when we first moved in only for rent payments (which was when i was working) so again unless i make my life as difficult as possible for both of us, then i see no way that any boy/girl boy/boy girl/girl sharing a flat has any leg to stand on. I mean, its impossible for me to prove for definite that i simply share a flat.
  • hanny83_2
    hanny83_2 Posts: 327 Forumite
    I'm sorry I can't help you with any more info. The bank account thing is as it is because it's very unusual for two people to open joint bank account together purely for rental purposes. If you have statements to prove that this was what the bank account was for, ie. no other withdrawals/payments in for other purposes that you could provide the compliance officer with that might help your case.
    Hanny:easter_ba
  • kaya
    kaya Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i recently had an interview with a compliance officer(sorry, fraud investigator) because some toe rag had reported me for benefit fraud, apparently i have no problem driving places(in my motabiliy paid vehicle!) and im doing building work on the side, she also asked to see my bank satements, apparently to check for wages being paid in, nice enough girl, polite and courteous , said after 10 mins of talking that i wouldn't be hearing from them again and she was satisfied it was a malicious complaint, apparently it was anonymous also
  • ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have an interview with them at my local office. They have asked for a number of things.
    Passport which I can provide.
    Birth certificates for everyone. I can provide for everyone except my parents as they do not have ones issued to them in Bangladesh.
    I do not get housing or council tax benefit as I live with my parents.
    I am not sure what they mean by proof of address and residence.
    Ulitity bills it is not my house it is my parents house.
    I can provide bank statements for the last 6 months.
    I can provide tax notice for my part time job.
    I have lost the contract of employment as it is a job that I have been doing for sometime.
    I can provide the payslips.

Can anyone offer any assistance. My local office is less than helpful.
  • chnelomi
    chnelomi Posts: 462 Forumite
    proof of address. i used mobile phone bill.
    Guess if you take a selection of bills, driving license etc they would need to accept them on the basis there are so many
    slowly going nuts at the world:T
  • ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I thought that a mobile phone bill was not proof of address considered by anyone. I don't have a driving licence and I am pay as you go so I suppose I will have to take all the stuff that I have.

If they ask about the other things I will tell them it is not my house but my parents.
  • received this myself yesterday not sure if anyone can help explain what the letter is i am a single parent on benefits not working and with 3 children and no partner
    thanks........
    also interview is to be taken at different jcp than address on letter

CUSTOMER COMLIANCE TEAM
    EDGE HILL JOB CENTRE PLUS
    (rest of jcp address)
    (then my address)

Date 22nd sept 09

Dear*************

____INTERVIEW TO OFFICE INTERVIEW__
    we need to see you in order to discuss a review on your claim to benefit

.____It is essential that you make yourself available as to not do so may affectyour benefit__

would you please call at ____******* Jobcentre on tuesday 29/09/09 at 3.00pm___ and ask for ****

to avoid unnecessary delay, please bring this letter with you and show it to reception immediately on your arrival.Please ask for ****

please arrive at the office promptly as it may be difficult to fit in another appointment if you arrive late.

if you cannot keep this appointment then you must contact me on the above number to arrange a mutually convienient appointment.

THINGS THE CUSTOMER COMPLIANCE OFFICER WILL NEED TO SEE :

proof of identification such as :
    * passport
    *driving licence
    *utility bills
    *rent arrangemants
    *bank statements etc (bearing name and address)
    Evidence to support your claim to benefit

___ALSO YOUR PARTENERS LAST THREE MONTHS WAGES SLIPS re PART TIME EARNINGS

yours sincerely *****

customer compliance team.

• NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Is there anyone else living in the same place as you? (Apart from your kids).
  • no person at all and no one apart from me and children sleep at my address
  • at the beginning of the year ( when i was a single mum and on benefits) i had a letter fromthe customer compliance team saying they were coming to my home for a meeting. wasnt anything suspicious , they just checked my paperwork ( needed a lot less than the letter had told me !) and checked the details of my claim and i signed a declaration to say it was true. that was it. never heard from them again.
    not sure if thats any help but just my experience of customer compliance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure