Disco Dolly V's Debt

Comments

• Good progress. How did the crafting go?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Good progress. How did the crafting go?

Thanks in need of direction!

Crafting went really well and really helped me save for Christmas this year, the christmas decorations sold really well and DD's bracelets sold out, she had Frozen theme so they were snapped up as stocking fillers. We will definitely do it again for next year, it was great fun.
    LBM Jan 2014: €21,746.34
    Total Dec 2017: €0.00
    (Debt Free 29th Dec 2017)
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Hi really pleased to see that you have carried on so well 24% in eleven months - brilliant. Happy 2015 and the next 25%.
  • Hi really pleased to see that you have carried on so well 24% in eleven months - brilliant. Happy 2015 and the next 25%.

Thanks tootallulah, determined to keep going and never to get into this situation again. I am feeling really positive today :D
  • Hi DFW's,

Hope you are all well today?

I am on a high this week over something really silly. I got my attic floored finally and now I have storage! I know its not everyones idea of something exciting but I have been living in my house for over 10 years and have been meaning to get it done every year but never got round to it. My lovely older brother did the work for free so I only had to pay for materials. It wasnt in the budget really this month but I am so glad its done. So this has spurred us on to a major declutter buzz this week, we are throwing out, selling or storing in attic. DD has got in on the act too and her room is the first one all sorted, its fab!

My promise to myself when I am debt free is to hire a cleaner so will need to have all the clutter gone :D

I have a long way to go still but feel like everything is falling into place, its the little things that give the boost.

Hope you are all having a nice week!
  • Disco_Dolly
    Disco_Dolly Posts: 196 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 12 January 2015 at 11:15AM
    Just a quick post while I have my morning cuppa. The office is really quiet this morning, there seems to be a lot of people on a day off.

I am still on my declutter buzz, I have DD's room, bathroom, sitting room and hall & landing areas as total clutter free zones now and I am loving it. I just have to work on my own room which is half way there, then my ensuite and the kitchen. And then I have to tackle the hot press, its just very unorganized at the moment!.

On the debt front there is no further progress but I get paid this Friday so will make a few more payments then and hopefully get to my 25% target.

Hope everyone has a lovely Monday!
  • Happy Monday DFW's,

Just a quick post while I am distracted at work, I cant seem to focus today so might as well post an update here!

I am still on my declutter buzz and have now just the kitchen left to do - which is the one I am dreading! I am happy to say I blitzed my room, the ensuite and the hot press last weekend and they are now clutter free zones too. DD has kept her own room and the main bathroom (which she has claimed as her own, I dont mind as I have an ensuite) really neat and tidy and I am so proud of her. I am stupidly excited about how clean and tidy most of the house is, I keep walking into rooms and opening drawers, etc and smiling, DD thinks I have lost it LOL. My main bad habit was not putting stuff away particularly clean laundry, so my aim is to conquer this bad habit once and for all!

On the debt front nothing new to add, payday is Friday so will reach my 25% goal then and then makes me stupidly happy too :D!

Hope you are all having a lovely Monday, the weather has picked up here and its a lovely bright day in Dublin. Mind you we are supposed to get snow later in the week, we'll see!!
  • Well done on clearing 25% of your debt in the last year Dolly, thats amazing.

Keep going with the de-cluttering it makes all the difference. I'm currently in the middle of de-cluttering my house. Little boy seems to have so much stuff and he's only 14 months old!! Mind you me and hubby also have a lot of stuff so it's not just the little dude.

Have subscribed and will follow your journey
    January 2015 - LBM
    MBNA - £1697.96
    Savings - £51.37/1000
  • Thanks HarrysMummy for subscribing! Best of luck with your decluttering too, it really is a great feeling, even each little space you do. I want to have a place for everything and then train myself (and DD) to put things back where they belong. I have toyed with the idea of getting a cleaner when the decluttering is done as its so hard working full time and being a single mum and trying to keep the house right, but I cant justify spending the money on a cleaner until I get my finances in order.
  • Morning DFW's,

I am working from home today and finding it hard to get motivated! I dont have loads to do which is really unusual so took advantage and decided to work from home but the stuff that I have to do is really uninteresting so thats probably why I havent actually started yet. I would much rather declutter the kitchen :D

I am going to make myself some tea and toast and then hopefully I will be in the humour to be productive!

Only 2 days to payday and I am practically broke, I was hoping to have a NSD today and tomorrow but I totally forgot that DD has a dance competition tomorrow night so that will cost €20 :mad:

I am really looking forward to Friday and finally seeing that 25% figure, its a huge milestone for me, a quarter of my debt gone! I really didnt think I would get this far. I hope to clear all my debt before the end of 2016, I want to be able to say I will be debt free next year. According to my snowball calculator it is possible if I put in a bit more effort. So onwards & downwards!

Hope you all have a lovely Wednesday, its threathening snow here but ground is very wet so it wont stick if it does snow :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills