Music Magpie: new quick way to sell unwanted CDs

Comments

• happymother
    happymother Posts: 80 Forumite
    We sold cd's, games and dvd's. Made £49.20. Took around 5 weeks in total but we also got full amount and are happy.
    1.png
  • lauzjp
    lauzjp Posts: 415 Forumite
    just got told by the post office that the most you can post via freepost is 5kg in one parcel. grr. despite Music Magpie saying put as much as you can in one parcel - there's nothing on their site that mentions postage weight?
  • lauzjp
    lauzjp Posts: 415 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2009 at 7:20PM
    wow, 2 week turnaround - that's quite good for Music Magpie ;)

got my cheque today! :D
  • 98jdougl
    98jdougl Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    sending a load off soon so fingers crossed the cheque doesn't take too long!
  • We submitted some CDs to sell in APRIL but never received the envelopes! Grrr will try again! :mad:

The site seems REALLY slow today!
  • Hi

I have just input a load of barcodes and the site seems to like my classical cd's better than popular music one's ie £3.00 for the classics and only a few pence for the others. Not sure if there's any other sites that deal specifically in classical - might get more for them :confused:
  • I think Topcashback are offering 10% cashback for musicmagpie and Quidco 7.5%. Every little helps!
  • dellas3
    dellas3 Posts: 9 Forumite
    I sold 170 cd albums and made £108.93! They were collected by courier last Monday and the cheque was delivered today!! I really wasn't convinced this was a good move and having read that it can take a while for cheques to be dispatched i can honestly say this is a realllllllly good move!!!
  • 98jdougl
    98jdougl Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Thats great dellas, I had heard cheques took ages- my cds were picked up by courier yesterday so fingers crossed wont be too long waiting
  • Pirategirl
    Pirategirl Posts: 44 Forumite
    Hi all

Anyone having trouble accessing the musicmagpie/gamemagpie sites today? Or is it just me?!

Pirategirl
    Pirategirl says; 'He likes to butt things with his head...'
    Mortgage Free... Start date: 08/08/12 87426.26. 26/07/18 74937.61. Tilly tidiies starting July 19 - 0.64
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure