Appliances Online ao.com

2»

Comments

• keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    I have ordered a few items from them. They are very efficient and prices are competitive. I have had one follow up call regarding extended guarantees. The offer was declined and that was it. I don't have a problem with them.
    same experience as me
  • I've ordered twice from them in 2 months with no problems either. The first time I did phone as I took advantage of their price match service to get £250 knocked off the oven I wanted, then I got an email offering £50 cash back - result!
    Then I ordered a dryer online and the day before delivery I got a phonecall from them Checking delivery arrangements and when the chap launched into the spiel about an extended warrenty I pointed out the 2 year guarantee it comes with and mentioned 6 years under the sale of good act etc and had to go anyway as I was at work and my next appointment had arrived.
    I will say that when i rang up to report the dryer as being dead on arrival they initially tried to organise someone to fix it, but due to being at work and the next available engineer appointment being after Xmas they did arrange a replacement to be delivered for following weekend.
    I've not had any strange phonecalls from them or anyone since though.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Moglex wrote: »
    I was going to order something from them but immediately dropped them as a potential supplier when I saw they had a premium rate sales number.

What was the number then?

If you go to Saynoto0870 you should be able to find a generic or even free phone number.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Ximian
    Ximian Posts: 711 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to update this thread, it's been a year since I bought from AO and I'm getting cold calls on a daily basis from 01612350410 it's AO enquiring about extended warranty.
    Plenty of complaints about the same thing here:
    http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01612350410
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Well I suggest you do what I did and say it is covered by house insurance and thats it, I have had no more calls, that is after buying a washing machine and cooker and fridge freezer from them in seperate purchases
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2015 at 12:23PM
    Wall of text with missing spaces.

Please edit your post to use the ENTER key to form paragraphs. And also insert the missing spaces.

Also - multiple posting the same thing is spamming, and is against forum rules.
  • Used AO for the second time, Was happy at the first time and really disappointed with the second time, over the phone, really helpful but unfortunately the delivery crew was in a rush didn't even place the item where it was needed baring in mind this is when my wife was on her own with our 2 and half year old child!! They left the tumble dryer in the middle of my business premises!! when my wife asked the driver to place the item in a particular place he replied 'I GOT 4 MINUTES TO DO THIS DELIVERY DUCK' and left it.
    I was on the phone to AO again to let them know what had happened, from customer service crew, the person knew what it would feel like when you are in that position but when this call got transferred to the delivery team it just a waste of time and no action was taken to resolve the problem!!!
    I wouldn't use there service again! Its really disappointing for a big firm like this to have such a poor delivery service.
    Order Number - AOL1632515
  • İ was searching some discount code sites for Ao.com Discount Vouchers and came across some exclusive codes for some discount code sites. I wonder if these exclusive codes for not only ao.com but also for other brands are really good to use or are some parts of these advertorials. I have a discount code site as well but I dont have any exclusive code from any retailers.
  • Mackhie
    Mackhie Posts: 46 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My wife ordered a new fridge/freezer from ao.com and I got a call to tell me about the time of delivery. Then he went on to try to arrange a warranty for 'only £4.49 per month'.

Although I was happy to take the call, my wife ordered the fridge/freezer, not me. I explained to him that my wife would have to look at the information about the warranty before she agreed to it.

I phoned my wife to tell her about it (the caller agreed to call back a bit later once I'd called her, which he did). She didn't want the warranty (and I don't blame her), but she agreed with me that she would at least look at it.

I explained to the caller that she would have a look at it before she agreed to anything. I don't know what version of English he thought I was speaking, but he immediately asked if she wanted to go ahead with it then.

What I found most concerning was that he asked ME to provide my wife's bank details to set up the Direct Debit for the warranty (I refused, of course). Surely this is illegal! Being married does not give us automatic power of attorney over each other's finances. If I went and tried to buy something using her bank account or credit card, I'd be committing fraud.

I'd be particularly interested to hear about the legalities of things like this (where couples have separate accounts), and whether anyone else has had experiences where a comapny tried to gain access to an account via their spouse.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure