Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 16 August 2016 at 11:07AM
    Happy Anniversary Snap and Fourp :beer:

scamps :( hope you are soon better not a good look ;)
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    [SIZE=+1]eightieschick88 was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:):)

19 players played :(:(:(

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average

[/SIZE]2090995559-life-quotes-166.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• rose28454 wrote: »
    Bit worried today. DD called me last night to say she has found a small lump in her breast. It is also dimpling. She cant get a dr's appt today but maybe tommorow. I hope its not anything serious and she did stop breastfeeding about 7 weeks ago so it may be connected with that. ( she also had a breast reduction some years ago so might just be scar tissue)
    Off to the outdoor pool with her OH and the baby after lunch then I have gammon and jacket potatoes in the slow cookers for t. Plenty of trees at the pool to keep baba cool
    When I stopped feeding I had a blocked milk duct, and it dimpled etc. Then became infected. Uncomfortable but not serious so hopefully its something similar.
    The present is a gift ..thats why its called the present!
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 16 August 2016 at 8:40PM
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :D

Wedding Anniversary today
    ♥ He has bought me the most gorgeous silver bird necklace I spotted in the Art Gallery the other day :D

He played with his Bowls last night & was very happy with them apart from ripping his trousers all up the leg to his boxers :rotfl::rotfl:

And I've just found some very old lost friends on FB from the 1980's
    They are running a pub in Mid Wales :D

Ditto. Have a good one.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :D

Wedding Anniversary today ♥ He has bought me the most gorgeous silver bird necklace I spotted in the Art Gallery the other day :D

He played with his Bowls last night & was very happy with them apart from ripping his trousers all up the leg to his boxers :rotfl::rotfl:

And I've just found some very old lost friends on FB from the 1980's
    They are running a pub in Mid Wales :D

Happy Anniverary Snapant and Fourp :beer: may you enjoy many more happy years together X.

I love the description of the necklace, picture please :). Good heavens Fourp :eek: good job you were practising at home and not flashing at the Bowls Club :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Snap how wonderful that you've found some old friends, I feel a visit coming on :cool:

How is dad getting on with his toilet problem these days Snap, has he got this under control without having to go back to hospital :(. I suppose he's out and about in the fine weather enjoying his electric wheelchairs too :D

scamps1966 wrote: »
    Morning peeps. :)

Just got back from the walk in centre hospital because I twisted my ankle on Saturday night! Needless to say, I've chipped a bone again and am now in a beckham boot for a few months, again!!!

Oh for goodness sake :eek: only you scamps, only you :cool: how on earth did you manage to do that. Not enough water with it again :eek:

Hope you recover well and you're able to boot that boot away sooner rather than later X
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 August 2016 at 12:21PM
    Triplewax Bumper Shine (500ml) (cap missing) 25p M Winsford. Same store also had the Red Baron Onion Sets down to 25p yesterday.

Also Santa Maria Guacamole Dip Seasoning Mix (20g) at 6p and Old El Paso Restaurante Steak Carne Asada Mild Seasoning Mix (30g) 12p. Several bars of White Cooking Chocolate (150g) at 38p each. All store-specific RTC items.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    altojack wrote: »
    Good morning Elite :hello:

Had to fiddle around with Internet settings on iPad late last night. Couldn't get connected so read my book on kindle. This morning in laptop, no internet connection :eek: so turned router off then on and hey presto I'm back :T

Nothing planned for today apart from doggie sitting here later on :D. I love it as they are such good company :cool:

Pictures tomorrow with other granddaughter if she wants to go, there's a matinee at 12.15pm or 2.30pm, I'd prefer the earlier but we shall see :)

In my attempt to clear and tidy some drawers, I now have no padded envelopes :eek: I need one desperately and need to post a few things off either today or tomorrow at the latest :(. I hate leaving things like this until last minute :o

Emmap Happy Birthday to you

:bdaycake:

Not as good as a PD original but the thought is there. Have a great day x

Hugs to those in need, and a special gentle ((hugs)) to my fair friend. I'll track you down to your current abode :rotfl: :rotfl:

it could just be updates, occasionally I have to clear the cache and completely shut down the iPad and do a full restart.
    the main computer was the same this morning, it started playing up again so I knew what was the programme. I saved all the excels, shut down the open pages and started a shut down - it needed 10 updates so it had to do these before shutdown and the restart - in all it took 35 mins :mad:

- a good job i was up to date with the various computer jobs and I could just leave it to get on with the long slow process - every 3 or 4 weeks now it does this
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    altojack wrote: »
    Good morning Elite :hello:

Had to fiddle around with Internet settings on iPad late last night. Couldn't get connected so read my book on kindle. This morning in laptop, no internet connection :eek: so turned router off then on and hey presto I'm back :T

Nothing planned for today apart from doggie sitting here later on :D. I love it as they are such good company :cool:

Pictures tomorrow with other granddaughter if she wants to go, there's a matinee at 12.15pm or 2.30pm, I'd prefer the earlier but we shall see :)

In my attempt to clear and tidy some drawers, I now have no padded envelopes :eek: I need one desperately and need to post a few things off either today or tomorrow at the latest :(. I hate leaving things like this until last minute :o

Emmap Happy Birthday to you

:bdaycake:

Not as good as a PD original but the thought is there. Have a great day x

Hugs to those in need, and a special gentle ((hugs)) to my fair friend. I'll track you down to your current abode :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: It's only because we're going for dinner later and then a pokemon walk. We are slightly obsessed :o

Morning all :wave:
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    028majmac wrote: »
    When I stopped feeding I had a blocked milk duct, and it dimpled etc. Then became infected. Uncomfortable but not serious so hopefully its something similar.

Thanks. That could well be it. She gave up after 2 weeks as she was not making enough milk and Eden was losing weight. As I recall she did stop fairly quickly. I hope thats the reason.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    mhoc wrote: »
    it could just be updates, occasionally I have to clear the cache and completely shut down the iPad and do a full restart.
    the main computer was the same this morning, it started playing up again so I knew what was the programme. I saved all the excels, shut down the open pages and started a shut down - it needed 10 updates so it had to do these before shutdown and the restart - in all it took 35 mins :mad:

- a good job i was up to date with the various computer jobs and I could just leave it to get on with the long slow process - every 3 or 4 weeks now it does this

No, no updates done mhoc. I'm puzzled though but wondering if ds4 had something to do with it as he slept at his dgf house last night but at 10pm before he left he disconnected or turned off his tv, Netflix, Xbox , Uncle Tom Cobbley an' all :eek: I just don't know, it was there before 10pm and gone after. They don't tell me what they gave in bedrooms or if they are on or off :eek:

Now I'm reconnected I've got things to do on real paper :eek: yes that's right, real paper and I can't find a pen anywhere. I did put one beside the telephone (landline) but you can guess what's happened :o
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure