PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    JackieRHE wrote: »
    I bought a pack of mince pies a couple of weeks ago and managed to scoff the lot.

How do other people manage to keep their Christmas goody stash intact?

JackieRHE, I keep mine in a big bag in the garage - out of sight, out of mind and all that - as if it's in the kitchen one of the gannets will eat it (and never own up!:mad:)
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • Well the first shop of our December budget was spent which was £56.84 grrrr ahh well still abit to go to get it down, just wish we had cheap shops like ASDA over here! Also spent £40.56 on the pets so £202.60 left. Must get onto making my own meals more!!

Suffolk lass - Don't feel embarrased by taking leftovers home, you've paid for the meal! Ive been to a few places, most recently a noodle bar where I took my leftover's home, felt like such a waste, especially for the price to not take it home, also lasted two meals as I had the rest for dinner :)
    Nessy x
    House Deposit - £0 /£20,000
    Weight Loss - .5lbs
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    I do this when I go to a carvery.

I take a ziplok bag for the extra meat that I can't eat. I go to my table before I pour on the gravy, bag the surplus meat slices and only then do I put on the gravy.

I then have meat for sandwiches the next day :)
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • elly2
    elly2 Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My Dec GC starts today even though i haven't been paid yet, not sure why but will check with boss if it isn't in tomorrow spent £1.50 on a loaf of bread at local shop :mad::mad::mad:. Have made some cheese scones for the lo's pack ups so that might save me from buying overpriced local shop bread :rotfl::rotfl:. Chicken curry, rice and nann bread for tea using up yesterdays lo chicken, so all in all a rather cheap day here :j.
  • Hi all. Does anyone know the cheapest way of making a Christmas cake please? Already have the icing, marzipan and jam, so just need a good cheap cake recipe please?
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 (2014) #1851
    SPC 6 (2013) £69.13 SPC 5 (2012) £7.12
    Vouchers total for 2013- £35 of vouchers from mySurvey and 8 Pinecone luncheon vouchers
  • Hi!

I would like to join for the first time please. Although with Christmas coming up it may be a bit difficult (I'm cooking Christmas dinner for the first time!) So my monthly budget is going to be £300

My biggest challenge is going to be the OH, he is terrible for spending money just because he sees something he fancies, so not sure how I'm going to address that!

I already tend to meal plan for a week at a time which has helped my spending but am hoping to reduce it further.

Looking forward to getting started. Can anyone tell me how to add GC to my sig please?

Thanks
    Kitchen Debt - 2820/260
    Save £12k in 2013 #060: 1293.24/3000
    MFW: 88760.00/85000.00 (4.24% paid)
  • nicolula87 wrote: »
    Hi!

I would like to join for the first time please. Although with Christmas coming up it may be a bit difficult (I'm cooking Christmas dinner for the first time!) So my monthly budget is going to be £300

My biggest challenge is going to be the OH, he is terrible for spending money just because he sees something he fancies, so not sure how I'm going to address that!

I already tend to meal plan for a week at a time which has helped my spending but am hoping to reduce it further.

Looking forward to getting started. Can anyone tell me how to add GC to my sig please?

Thanks

Just look at the top for the green bar. Quick links and then edit sign. Good luck on your challenge!:)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 (2014) #1851
    SPC 6 (2013) £69.13 SPC 5 (2012) £7.12
    Vouchers total for 2013- £35 of vouchers from mySurvey and 8 Pinecone luncheon vouchers
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi folks.
    Can you put me down for £150 again this month. Have lost focus a bit recently so need to get back on track. Went to Tesco last nght and bought a selection of reduced breads (8p to 15p per loaf) so that should keep us going for a while on the bred front.

Hoping for NSDs for the next few days as have lunches and meals sorted - soup/sandwhich for lunch, HM quiche for tomorrows dinner and Gammon joint with veg for next 2 days.
    January GC 2024 £135/£180
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I've been mulling over how to set the budget for December, knowing that I'm paying for a free range turkey from a farm near Totnes and a gammon both of which we'll be cooking, and will share with another couple who will provide the rest of the feast for the day itself. I think I'm going to set myself a real challenge and make it £140 just the same as usual, and if I can stick to that in December, I can certainly do it for the whole of 2013 each month.
    Better is good enough.
  • I am still on November spending really but decided to move over here as I think most people have! NSD for me today. Good news has happened here at last in that DS hass now passed his test. I can now appreciate why I have two cars in the garage! He will have mine and I will have hubbys car which was previously the problem of which of our three to give it to! Mine is cheaper to insure I believe.Not so powerful either for a new driver.
    The driving lessons have really stung us and the multiple tests and DS owes me nearly a grand now! Good job he has just become employed. Fingers crossed for my employment now. Ds has offered to pay more keep without me even asking bless him. He is also going to take sarnies to work to save money and time as he only has 30 mins for lunch. We will get this sorted! Scotch eggs(HM)and salad and HM soup for lunches today. Chicken from the freezer will be cooked tonight for tomorrow. I am having my "cousin-in-law" over so I will cook something nice!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure