Would the CSA take my heavy goods?

Comments

• Loz01
    Loz01 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why would I want to pay my ex 40% of my wage when she hasn't allowed me to be a part of his life for the last 7 years.....

If I can't play Dad I'm not paying To be Dad it's as simple as that!!

Sorry but your child won't actually thank you for this when they are grown up - do you think your child lives on fresh air? Regardless of the fact that your child's mother has 2 CSA claims or multiple kids with multiple dads, that shouldn't mean YOUR child is affected. Paying nothing for 7 years isn't admirable - on the flip side, its not admirable for your ex to deny contact either, before you accuse me of being a female that is siding with another female. But as usual, the child is the one that suffers. I was a child of divorce and TRUST ME, this stuff weighs heavy on young minds.
  • I have paid 5 grand in 7 years and owe 10.......
    I think paying 5 grand for a child I've not seen since he was 9 months old isn't to bad...... i told the CSA put the money into an isa and I will pay it. I'm not willing to pay her to benefit her purse.

I've decided to put £40 into a separate bank account which I'll have no access I'm going to do this weekly. If the CSA come at me at least I'll have some kind of offering.

I'm not however willing to allow them to take what they want when they want. They don't know what I can and can't afford and they don't care.

I've been totally blocked out of my sons life I can lot afford £220 an hour for a solicitor and I'm not being forced to pay to fund her life.

Yes I owe a few years money but I'm owed 7 years lost time with my boy!! Who's going to repay me that????
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    You do realise that there is an alternative for the CSA? They could summons you to a Magistrates Court for wilful failure to support the children. Continued failure to make payment usually results in a 42 day sentence (which doesn't wipe out any support owed)
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    You already owe £10k. That won't go away. If you really wanted to see your son you'd move heaven and earth to enable it. I had to when my ex decided he wanted full custody - it cost me £13k many years ago, and my ex nothing as full legal aid was available then. It took me a long time to pay it back but was worth every penny.

The longer you do nothing, the less your child will think of you, but in the meantime he still needs food, clothing, housing etc. The maintenance money will only continue to mount up!
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    I'm currently in 8k of arrears I've paid my ex around 5k but refuse to correspond with the CSA for time being. I have 2 little kids that I'm trying to get out of a council flat and my ex will never let me see my first born. She's refusing me access I'm refusing my money and yes I know it's 2 totally different things before I get people calling me dead beat I'm far from it.

My only worry is they can take your drivers license... do you think they would take my heavy goods? There not going to make a doctor jobless by taking his job away so how can they mine??

I plan on paying what I owe one day if she doesn't cancel the claim but that right now I'm working to get things in place for when the time is right. I haven't paid anything for 12 months and won't be for another 2 years or so.

Thanks for any replies.

I can only imagine what your child thinks of you!

Because that's what it is about, even if you don't see them now when you eventually do they'll know all about your refusal to pay. Your ex may not be acting fairly (and we can't say either way, given your attitude on here she may have good reason to deny you access) but ultimately it's you that is harming any hope of a relationship with the child.
  • What my child thinks about me? My child doesn't even know I exist!

&a prison? A life time in prison would be easier than a life time of paying look I want this thread deleting I'm not here to argue toss about the CSA.

I'm not paying to be Dad without playing Dad it really is as simple as that. Prison lmao send me at least at there expense.
  • She denied me access the day we broke up. She carried on allowing my dad to see my so. For about 5 weeks after and I had to get permission of her to see my son with my dad.

She's playing god with a child's life is all think what you like.

I'm not dead beat I've been going no other option....

You woman who class your careers as ill time mothers imagine being a Dad with no access for 7 years and have started a new family yet still being forced to pay out 40% of your wage after 20% tax then come moan at me.

F""k the CSA I hope world war 3 one day breaks out because the first thing I will do is get a challenger 2 tank from the army and roll it straight into there offices.

The CSA is a government funded scam I pay plenty enough income tax to cover the child benefit.

F""k the CSA f""k this bent countRy this is my last message on this post.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    What my child thinks about me? My child doesn't even know I exist!

&a prison? A life time in prison would be easier than a life time of paying look I want this thread deleting I'm not here to argue toss about the CSA.

I'm not paying to be Dad without playing Dad it really is as simple as that. Prison lmao send me at least at there expense.

Of course your child knows you exist, he surely doesnt think his was an Immaculate Conception?

You have a child. The law says you are duty bound to provide for that child. The fact that the mother doesn't let you see him doesn't make it right that you don't pay.

Yet another person who only want to hear what he things from forum members and as we are telling him things he doesn't want to hear he wants the thread deleted.

As IAmWales says, your attitude on here is somewhat telling regarding why you have no access. As I said before, it's not about you, it's about the child. You just don't get that.
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The fact that you refering to being a father as "play dad" shows you should have never become a parent in the first place.

Like you my mother put her own needs before mine and paid £0 towards my up bringing as she valued being a bitter, resentful monster towards my dad. I will never see her, she cannot be called a mother. You cannot be called a father.
  • clearingout
    clearingout Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Why do people think it's ok to force fathers to pay for there kids when the mothers have no intention of letting them play there roll! I'm guessing you are both in female who replied.

Yeah. It works both ways. I don't understand why my ex gets to have a great relationship with our children but only I have to support them. The statistics suggest my problem is one experienced by many.

The difference between us is I recognise two wrongs don't make a right. You need to remember at some point you will need to look that child in the eyes and say you didn't care whether they ate or not. You might get lucky and be understood. But the odds are against that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure