PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Comments

• Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Welcome back Pollyanna!

Yes, on the form I mentioned that should a face-face be necessary then I would need a hoe visit. My ESA has always been done without a face-face....my DLA was given initially without a face-face but was then renewed and I had to have one, it took a few phonecalls but eventually they accepted and I had a NIGHTMARE visit. (Mum was with me throughout and we still talk about the HCP ,.....now we can laugh a little....back then we were seriously considering reporting them....but we got the letter which said lower rate both components indefinite award and decided to keep silent!
    )
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Evening all,

Spring has been deferred here too 'tis bleeding baltic - heating is on and I have my fleecy slipper boots on, a t-shirt , a jumper and a cardi and I'm not roasting.....and it has to drop further overnight:mad:

Prinzessilein - hope it goes through without assessment but please prepare yourself that your PIP application will likely involve a face to face assessment

I phoned PIP today apart from taking ages to get through I was able to have a good chat with the case manager- she thinks it could be worth my while to ask for a MR (was going to anyway) and has marked that as lodged so I need to start writing it up.

My TU rep is hoping to visit me tomorrow re the Ill health retirement so another hurdle.

However on the plus side I've got my vestibular rehab first appointment date through for a fortnight today - let the recovery battle commence :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    LW as least you got to the meeting - small victories are worth much
    Thanks. :o We've decided not to attend these any more; it's just too stressful for me; it's supposed to be enjoyable, but there's no enjoyment whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. So why am I putting myself through that? :o When it comes around next year, we shall just make our excuses. ;)

On a better note, I had another stressful day yesterday - a "meet'n'greet" visit from a new client for the dog minding - basically the owner brings the dog over to meet Mr LW and myself, we talk about the dog's likes, dislikes, general routine, etc, and the owner makes a decision as to whether they want me to look after the dog for them; we get a lot of time-wasters, people who haven't really decided what they want to do, ones who want to visit half-a-dozen carers before deciding, we even had one who didn't actually know when they wanted to go on holiday! :D
    But yesterday's visit has resulted in a booking, straight away. :T I shall have a really beautiful, bouncy, lovely Staffie staying with me from 3rd to 8th April. :T:T:T
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    My god, the very thought of that dog is making me tired. I can only just cope with a very dignified , snooty, sleepy persian cat !
    I used to be in Mensa and went to one meeting. Just the one. It was full of prats who thought they were very special, all talking over each other. Never again!
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Caronc - I fully expect a F2F...I had one for DLA renewal, so it is likely I will have one for PiP too. ....I just wish the letter would come! The waiting is horrible!...I also wish that the system allowed for 'lifetime' awards. I know that there are benefit cheats, but some people (like me- and others here) have conditions from which there is no marked improvement likely.

Anyway....hope everyone is having a good day!

I'm an ex-Mensa member too...I was a member for a couple of years, but only went to one meeting - not really my sort of thing. (They met in a noisy pub).

A bouncy Staffie sounds fun...for all of two minutes!

I went out this morning and stopped to watch some seagulls. There were 5 of them, and one of them had managed to snag a half baguette. It was too big for him to carry so he was pecking away at it on the street - and the other 4 were trying to steal it! Every so often one would make a grab with their beak and he would scream at them to get away....it was better than any TV show!

The weather is taking a brighter turn...it won't be long and we can sit out in the communal garden with a cuppa. Mum has one of the raised bed areas - we will have to check on her herb garden soon too, see what needs doing.
  • LameWolf
    How's everyone?
    Enjoying some spring sunshine, I hope.

I managed to pull a bucketful of weeds out of the front garden yesterday, the ground is still very wet and our soil is beastly claggy, but it looks a bit better for the effort.

I'm debating whether to try and do some more today, or will that knock me into Wednesday week? :think: Common sense says not to do it today, but the sun's shining, and it could be wet tomorrow.....
  • caronc
    LW - me (not being sensible) would be going for it it might be winter again tomorrow;)

It's been a glorious couple of days here. Yesterday I visited friends who live up a hill so have the most spectacular views and a gorgeous bundle of 11 week old labradoodle so lots of puppy snuggles was a pretty perfect afternoon with wine sitting in the sunshine followed by HM Chinese food :D
    Today I've been shattered but it was so worth it........:D
  • LameWolf
    caronc wrote: »
    LW - me (not being sensible) would be going for it it might be winter again tomorrow;)
    I did - and OMG am I paying for it today. :(
    Pacing? Wassat then?
  • caronc
    LW - you've got to make the most of the sunshine and stuff the consequences;)

I had a both frustrating and satisfying morning, frustrating as a job the before would have taken an 1/2 hour tops took most of the morning but satisfying 'cos I got it done. So my mattress has been turned, under the bed swept and my bed made up with a lighter weight duvet.:D Needless to say a serious lie down afterwards was needed
  • LameWolf
    After spending most of yesterday totally no use to man nor beast (though I did manage to throw together a bit of dins for Mr LW and myself) I'm sort of semi-human again today.
    Think I might steer clear of another bout of gardening today though; maybe, if Mr LW fancies it, put the mobility buggy in the car and go for a trundle round Campbell Park.

Right now though, Mr LW has just started on a new-to-him book, so I may not get a peep out of him for several hours! It's one I read years ago - "Warlock" by Wilbur Smith - that I thought he might enjoy. :o

Counting down the days and hours til 14:00 on Monday. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure