PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 18th October 2017

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all and welcome to Chirpychick too.

All is calm and clear outside although there was a very red sky earlier on. Yesterday turned out to be a lovely day eventually, if I'd known I'd have put on the WM and hung the stuff out. But I didn't know and didn't do the washing!

This morning I have put on the WM and DW. The clothes will have to be hung upstairs with the dehumidifier going as I'm off down to Glasgow once it's finished.

DM's new TV is being delivered and installed tomorrow so I'll have to be there, she gets very anxious these days. Yesterday she had a hospital appointment at 11.45am. When the patient transport hadn't arrived at 9.55 she emailed to ask me to phone them to check they were coming. Of course I didn't phone and they turned up a little while later.

The fridge is almost empty so I'll do some shopping on the way home on Friday.

I hope everyone is doing well, happy Wednesday to all.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Nelski - It's world menopause day? Good timing as the hot flushes might keep the ladies warmer in the winter. All terrible jokes aside, I'll admit to knowing very little about it. Hope you have a good day.

they are not hot flushes they are power surges :rotfl: seriously though its amazing how little people know about it and that includes women :eek: if it was a mans issue I am sure we would be a lot more educated but women try to ignore it and battle on

thanks though I am looking forward to it :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

Wet and nasty outside but I need to go out. Too many meals are out or takeaways whilst my kitchen was out of action means I am struggling to get in my clothes. We are meant to be going away next week and I've got nothing comfortable to wear... Back to shapeless tunic tops and cotton leggings again for me. Being short tunic tops are pretty much like dresses on me so at least most of me will be covered but I must get back into a normal eating pattern soon.

World menopause day? I've heard it all now! Pass the hormones I could do with a few. I went through it at 48 relatively easily but it's only now I'm 55 I seem to be sensitive to a lot of things. Soap, detergent, makeup and at times Grump(less).

Back to Weetabix for breakfast, dinner and tea for me and shapeless tents for the foreseeable future...Grump(less) isn't such a problem when he's got a new toy.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Emptied a box of tinned goods and cleared up the kitchen a bit. Going to have a shower, shampoo and get dressed and set off early for volunteer shift at library this afternoon.

Left a message with dd to see if she still fancies a morning out tomorrow to have lunch and get her some birthday present clothes etc. Wish she would hurry up and reply as I need to rearrange things in the afternoon if she does want to meet.

Had bacon and eggs (dabble with low carbs) and will tackle the kitchen floor with the steam cleaner as dds seem to have dropped juice or something .

Hester

Is tomorrow your last day of servitude (being treated like carp etc) ?
    We all can't wait for you to be free of the dump and especially the people.

Now the days are drawing in I want to get a small torch that I can have in my handbag so will pop to ironmongers later.

Looks like I will have a full house at the weekend again as youngest dd comes round tomorrow night and another dd and boyfriend the following evening or evenings. Thank heavens I will have some help tomorrow afternoon changing beds and cleaning up.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 October 2017 at 11:10AM
    Morning all
    DGC fed and taken to school in the dry, it only started raining when the bell went and now it's tipping down.
    Took Mr Fix It's script to the DRs and then went to Wic*es for a very large paving stone and some cement, ready to fix dads step. Can't see it being done till next week as the forecast is for rain, rain, wind and more rain :(.
    DD's hospital appointment on Monday went well and things aren't as bad as they could be, small mercies and all that.
    I shall empty the DW in a minute and fill it with the breakfast dishes. Tea tonight will be a spanish omelette as there are some bits in the fridge that need using up. I also seem to have a glut of eggs too.
    Nothing much else planned for today except picking the DGC up from school later and I bet it will still be raining :(
    Nelski welcome to Welsh Wales, hope you took your passport or at least had your jabs :rotfl:. What part did you visit ?
    Judi I'm with you on the length of tunics. I try to avoid them as they come just on or below my knees. I'm getting shorter too, the older I get :(.
    NMLC thanks for the jump start on the thread.
    Specky don't get up to too much mischief and mayhem tonight ;)
    Well I suppose I must do something, so I shall wish everyone a good Wednesday.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Nelski
    Nelski welcome to Welsh Wales, hope you took your passport or at least had your jabs :rotfl:. What part did you visit ?

Jabs all up to date nanny and I have been practising my very best welsh...I lived in cardiff for 4 years and the best I can do is bore da and Araf (I used to think that was a town cos I saw so many road signs with it on :rotfl::(

Today however I will be visiting the lovely Bridgend. Very fond of south wales its a wonderful place :)
  • Nelski wrote: »
    Morning all :wave:

HappyWorld Menopause Day :D:D

Off to very Welsh Wales today to train the police on dealing with the menopause in the workplace. Its a course I love running seems to make a big difference with the way managers help with their team when they face it.

Nelski that’s brilliant. Im going through it at the moment and work just don’t understand or make allowances. It’s great some companies take it seriously.
  • Nelski
    cliffsgirl wrote: »
    Nelski that’s brilliant. Im going through it at the moment and work just don’t understand or make allowances. It’s great some companies take it seriously.

Agree...sadly lots of companies in fact truth be told most companies ignore its existence and in my experience the worst managers are the women who didn't have any problems themselves so assume everyone is swinging the lead:mad:
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Nelski my Welsh isn't much better and I've lived here all my life ( except for 6 years in Bucks ). I know Diolch - thanks and Barod - ready :rotfl:. I'm about 30 miles the other side of Cardiff towards the "Bridge" and we are mainly English speaking although TPTB have brought in compulsory Welsh in schools. My DGD despairs when I don't answer her when she speaks it and she tries to teach me the error of my ways LOL. Have a good day.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Another one here who avoids tunics! And shrinking with age NANNYWINDOW is a problem with me too. I used to be 5 ft 2 and a half inches. Now I am 5ft 1". I hope this shrinkage doesn't carry on and, anyway, why doesn't it happen widthways too??!

Had a lovely coffee meet with my friend, non-stop talking for over 2 hours catching up on gossip etc. It was a lovely sunny morning and I was glad I had pegged the washing out. Just been out to fetch it back in and it's feeling decidedly chilly out there. Very autumnal now after the mild spell we had. Brr! xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure