TSB Current Account Switch Blagged Deal

Options

Comments

• geordiepaul2001
    Options
    Hi,

It looks like the link only allows you to open the account in one name, I'm assuming this will prohibit me from switching my joint current account to TSB and receiving the cashback.

Is there any way around this?

Paul
    June 2016 - Pair of Brooks Glycerin 14's
    July 2016 - Annual family pass to English Heritage
    August 2016 - overnight spa break with dinner and breakfast for two
    September - BBQ toolbox
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 May 2017 at 12:55PM
    Options
    The incentive T&Cs can be viewed here for the May 2017 offer:

http://www.tsb.co.uk/cashback-money-supermarket-termsandconditions.pdf
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • tharsos
    tharsos Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Regarding two DDs, is it fine to have one to a utility company and another to my own Tesco saver account to quality for the deal?
  • rosfk
    rosfk Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I was in the middle of applying for the switch but it says i have to choose a branch to assign my account to. I have tried and tried, but it keeps coming up error and not letting me complete. Has anyone else had this? I've tried selecting a different branch, sticking with the one they've suggested, searching for different towns and nothing will take me past this page. It's 1.15am and I've been trying this for over an hour
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know the cut off date to enable you to get the £5.00 incentive for debit card transactions each month.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • krippo
    krippo Posts: 71 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys!

Currently I am having a bank account with TSB, but I was thinking to move somewhere else to get a cashback, however TSB has the best offer on the market IMHO.

Do you think if I call them and told them I want to leave, they can offer me something like for example telecoms?

Best regards
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    krippo wrote: »
    Do you think if I call them and told them I want to leave, they can offer me something like for example telecoms?
    Nothing to stop you asking but very unlikely that they'd offer anything in my opinion. Many organisations are able and willing to offer retention incentives, even including banks sometimes when it comes to discretionary 0% or reduced APR offers on credit cards, but generally banks won't be in a position to bend rules when it comes to products like current accounts with universal fixed published Ts & Cs.

Looking at it from their perspective, why would they want to keep you, i.e. how much money are they making from you? Or are you a believer in old-fashioned loyalty (in which case don't get your hopes up that they feel the same!)?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 June 2017 at 8:23AM
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    ...but generally banks won't be in a position to bend rules when it comes to products like current accounts with universal fixed published Ts & Cs.

It's often difficult just getting them to provide what they have already offered in the T&C's - so I think the chances of you getting anything over and above the T&C's on a current account are slim krippo. Still might be worth asking the question though.

Let us know how you get on.

You also don't have to limit yourself to one current account, you can have more than one and distribute transactions around them to maximise the benefits. For example you could stick with TSB but open a Santander account to get cashback on certain DD's.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 June 2017 at 11:50AM
    Options
    krippo wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Currently I am having a bank account with TSB, but I was thinking to move somewhere else to get a cashback, however TSB has the best offer on the market IMHO.

Best regards

As said by other people you could always try your luck although in this particular case your chance is quite slim.

If you search on this forum, in the past people were getting about £20-£50 incentive when threatening to leave Barclay due to bad publicity at that time on the press regarding Libor rigging (?) with Barclay. People were using the excuse about dealing with unethical bank, etc.

So try to find a good reason like people did with Barclay. IF you decide to try please inform the forum how you are getting on so people could learn from your case.
  • Sponge_Cake
    Sponge_Cake Posts: 119 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I applied for the TSB account for the bonus etc today, through the MSE link. They've sent me an email saying I need to go into a branch with two forms of ID. Is this normal? Will I still get to switch and receive the bonus?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure