PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    LoopyLoops wrote: »
    Well, we have accepted an offer. Not quite what we wanted, but they are fully aware of the things that need doing on the house and need to budget for it. They love the house overall and they have sold to FTB's in rented and we are going into rented. Nice short chain. Fingers crossed this sale sticks!
    Fabulous! Will keep fingers crossed for you! x
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • toc25
    toc25 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck hazyjo you never know they could sell quickly

Loopyloops congratulations, and good luck

Our offer has been accepted on the house we want to buy so it's all happening now :eek:
    Scary :o
  • nightsky224
    nightsky224 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hate this process. I'm a wreck. Just had people round for a 2nd viewing. They made an offer after the 1st viewing but We have asked them to go a little higher. They have just left and will let me know by the end of the day but they were worried about the size of the 2nd bedroom so I'm worried they will pull out. I don't have the nerves for this!!
    Recently married and loving it x
  • LoopyLoops
    LoopyLoops Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hate this process. I'm a wreck. Just had people round for a 2nd viewing. They made an offer after the 1st viewing but We have asked them to go a little higher. They have just left and will let me know by the end of the day but they were worried about the size of the 2nd bedroom so I'm worried they will pull out. I don't have the nerves for this!!

Totally feel your pain! It is horrible isn't it. The viewings / poking about, then the waiting! Fingers crossed for you!
  • nightsky224
    nightsky224 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Loopyloops fingers and toes crossed!
    Recently married and loving it x
  • tomryan89
    tomryan89 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like some people are having some success - congratulations!

Thought I'd post to share my experience for others - last week, we reduced the price for a second time so now £30k under our original listing price.

After two months of no second viewings and no offers - this week we've already had one offer and have 5 second viewings booked in!
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    tomryan89 wrote: »
    Sounds like some people are having some success - congratulations!

Thought I'd post to share my experience for others - last week, we reduced the price for a second time so now £30k under our original listing price.

After two months of no second viewings and no offers - this week we've already had one offer and have 5 second viewings booked
    in!

Good move.
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    At least Crashy Time sellers are taking on board your advice.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    kelpie35 wrote: »
    At least Crashy Time sellers are taking on board your advice.

Well the price drop seemed to do the trick in this case anyway......
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Our viewer from last week wants a second viewing this week - She is going to call EA over the weekend to arrange a day/time.

In the meantime im trying to keep it clean and tidy (with 3 young kids!!) and finish off all the little odd jobs so when she comes back she will love it more!

We had a gardener come today to mow the 3 foot tall grass in our garden! I cleaned the built in oven and grill to within an inch of its life & managed to get rid of a bin bag of 'clutter' from our house too!

Tonight im going to paint my bathroom ceiling - we had it plastered in Feb and i hadnt got around to painting it! :T

I hope the viewing is earlier in the week than later so I can relax after it!
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport