IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Appeal Process

Comments

• have had to shorten a bit do to text length and links being included
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Don't call it 'appeal' - this is not a chance to appeal. This is you commenting on the evidence.

Don't mention 'Martin Lewis Money Saving website' either.

What was the wording of your appeal in the end? Hope you kept a copy?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you, I just kept it very simple in the end, probably too naive, just was honest in the fact that I pulled in realised I had forgotten my purse, called home and left once confirmed whereabouts of my purse was. Too simple I expect.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Not too simple for a judge, who would no doubt find for you.

However, before it gets to court there will be threats, more threats, dire warnings, misinformation, and downright lies, from the company, debt collectors, solicitors acting as debt collectors, solicitors, and solicitors acting as solicitors.

Ignore all but the latter, attend court, and tell it like it was. The shining sword of truth shall defeat the forces of darkness.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    gill33uk wrote: »
    Thank you, I just kept it very simple in the end, probably too naive, just was honest in the fact that I pulled in realised I had forgotten my purse, called home and left once confirmed whereabouts of my purse was. Too simple I expect.
    Oh.dear...that is not a POPLA appeal. Even the POPLA website tells you that POPLA do not consider mitigating circs. Oh.dear.

ParkingEye sue people who lose at POPLA.

I hope you can claw it back by quoting the BPA CoP Grace periods now, go and grab them from the BPA Code of Practrice (Google it) and quote them and point out to POPLA they are breached here. Do not call it an 'appeal' anywhere.

Have you tried complaining to the Store Managers? Do so urgently as you are about to lose this, in all likelihood. But Store Managers can cancel.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    You are being a bit alarmist CM. Even if she loses at PoPLA it is surely no big deal, they are heavily compromised and Judges are more than often sympathetic to what happened.

PE would be daft imo to try court.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    But they will. Not alarmist, a realist...
  • gill33uk
    gill33uk Posts: 58 Forumite
    Thanks both, have quoted what BDP say about Grace periods, am hoping that because the time specified is reasonable then I may be ok, or at the mercy of the Judges good nature! lol

Worth a try, is it too late to appeal to the car park owners? I thought it was after appeal? (not using that word though!!)
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    "is it too late to appeal to the car park owners?"

NO

this should have all ready been done ..... what was the car park ? retail? supermarket? hospital? ........

Ralph:cool:
  • gill33uk
    gill33uk Posts: 58 Forumite
    Ralph, its an old restaurant car park, long since closed and now used as a pay and display
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure