Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Whistles? :rotfl: Should bring back a few pennies on The Bay - someone will be looking for that kind of um, novelty item. :D

Glad Oakley's recovering - nasty op, but essential. We thought Grand-pup was in for the same ordeal, but it turned out he was just a bit slow.. Everything in the right place now. ;)

It's a difficult one to celebrate, but Happy TC seizure-free anniversary to MrL - and you of course.. :)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    poohbear59 wrote: »
    Thank you. You made me laugh on what has been a pretty miserable day. What did you order? Or should we not ask?

It was a child's magic toy. Thank goodness I opened the parcel when it arrived as if DS2 had been here I would've given it straight to him to open :eek:
    *Robin* wrote: »
    Whistles? :rotfl: Should bring back a few pennies on The Bay - someone will be looking for that kind of um, novelty item. :D

Glad Oakley's recovering - nasty op, but essential. We thought Grand-pup was in for the same ordeal, but it turned out he was just a bit slow.. Everything in the right place now. ;)

It's a difficult one to celebrate, but Happy TC seizure-free anniversary to MrL - and you of course.. :)

Glad the Grand-pup doesn't have to go through the same thing Robin! (Sounds like he's been through enough already bless him). We've been back to the vets today, but the worst of his three scar sites is still slightly swollen, so she wants us to go back again on Friday just to make sure. Thank goodness the post op checks are free!! We still have to continue the short lead walks which is disappointing as I'm dying to let him off the lead. He looks so sad when we pass by the point I would normally let him run free :(. All for his own good though.

The whistles will be going on eBay at some point. :rotfl:.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you got Oakley insured? It was the first thing I did when we got Ziggi.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    How was work?
    Hope Oakley still on the mend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

, wait for it.....two bags of plastic willy shaped whistles instead :rotfl::rotfl:. Anyone need about 50 pink phallic whistles????

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My reaction exactly bubblesmum...I love it!!:D:T

So sorry its been a tough week (or few) PLMBL...and do give yourself a break from work if you can...there is no pont in being miserable even for 3 hours a week if you have options.. don't call it being a quitter..call it a sabbatical whilst you find something better suited to your current ambitions ;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Have you got Oakley insured? It was the first thing I did when we got Ziggi.

We haven't SA. I need to look into doing it and find out how much it costs. We qualify to register with the PDSA too Xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    How was work?
    Hope Oakley still on the mend :)

Work was ok, but the new staff brought in supposedly to make things easier are all students, and seem to spend time chatting rather than doing. One of them called me a Ninja on Saturday, for doing three things at once. I was like, er no, that's just what you are supposed to do!!! It's annoying when you feel like you are the only one pulling your weight.

Oakley is practically back to normal thanks. Counting down the days until Friday Xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Busy day today helping Grandma move in to her new place. Her old flat had a damp problem, and the council wanted her to move out temporarily while they sorted it. She refused, and said if all her stuff had to be moved into a new place at 82 years old, then she would be staying in the new place permanently!! Eventually they agreed and she's thrilled with her new home, but the removal van which was supposed to arrive at 8am didn't turn up until 12.30pm!! To say she was stressed was an understatement :(.

£31.99 for the Post Office to redirect her mail :eek:. Still in shock at that!!! Xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    6.5lbs off tonight :T:T:T.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income