PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Fudge, how did yesterday's viewing go?
    Any feedback yet?
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • Wow well I had an offer on the first viewing yesterday!
    It was 3k below asking price and I had 3 viewers in today and one on Monday so will wait to see what happens...now the huge stress of finding somewhere to move to!!
  • Maniac well done! You lucky thing.
  • My house is not in tip top nick decoratively - for a number of reasons - so I've been sensible about pricing, rather than floating at a higher price and keeping fingers crossed. I went with what 3 EA's suggested and it looks like it was the right ballpark :)
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Bonfire_Bride Posts: 710
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    Well, after 16 months on the market, 2 estate agents and 1 new baby...we have accepted an offer on our property. It was done up to a great standard, new kitchen, bathroom etc but it's directly next to a pub.

Finally sold...what a hard slog that was...especially with a 2 year old and a 6 month old. Being 8 months pregnant with a toddler, trying to get the house to showhome standard, while working full time was one of my "darkest periods"

It's tough. Everything crossed it all goes smoothly. Spending tomorrow and Tuesday viewing properties. But we think we've found the one already and will be going back for a 2nd viewing on Tuesday.

Just waiting for the SOLD sign to go up now.

Good Luck...xx
  • Well done, Bonfire!
  • So had my first offer today £367k, £3k under the asking price, open day is scheduled for the weekend so I'm holding off doing anything until then

Garden and Carpets are getting sorted/replaced on Thursday (had tenant from hell), estate agent showed the offer person the house early before all the work was finished

Hope it goes to the asking price or wishful thinking over

:j
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Forumite
    Well, after 16 months on the market, 2 estate agents and 1 new baby...we have accepted an offer on our property. It was done up to a great standard, new kitchen, bathroom etc but it's directly next to a pub.

Finally sold...what a hard slog that was...especially with a 2 year old and a 6 month old. Being 8 months pregnant with a toddler, trying to get the house to showhome standard, while working full time was one of my "darkest periods"

It's tough. Everything crossed it all goes smoothly. Spending tomorrow and Tuesday viewing properties. But we think we've found the one already and will be going back for a 2nd viewing on Tuesday.

Just waiting for the SOLD sign to go up now.

Good Luck...xx

We had a call today to say they are "pulling out"...

absolutely gutted and back to square 1. Looks like I may be a member of this thread for some time. :(

The reason: The pub next door. Argh!!!!
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Forumite
    So had my first offer today £367k, £3k under the asking price, open day is scheduled for the weekend so I'm holding off doing anything until then

Garden and Carpets are getting sorted/replaced on Thursday (had tenant from hell), estate agent showed the offer person the house early before all the work was finished

Hope it goes to the asking price or wishful thinking over

:j

All the best!! Hope you get what you want!! x
  • fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Well done maniac, bonfire and crafty saver!

No feedback from Fridays viewing yet, although I was there and she seemed to love it... I was at work today during the viewing so no idea!

Estate agent will probably ring me over the next day or two with feedback, and hopefully an offer over the asking price (I can always dream...!)

Anything new with you smallholding?
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure