3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi all,

Thank you for the lovely welcome:). I always have great plans but life tends to get in the way. Settling in for the long haul:).
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Flip. I'll be 50 in 2018. Whilst you spring chickens were guzzling on milke and rusks i was discovering punk rock, glam rock and how much fun it was to roam the countryside.

Just remembered in 2017 it will be our 25th wedding anniversary so will have to save for that as well.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    patman99 wrote: »
    Flip. I'll be 50 in 2018. Whilst you spring chickens were guzzling on milke and rusks i was discovering punk rock, glam rock and how much fun it was to roam the countryside.

Just remembered in 2017 it will be our 25th wedding anniversary so will have to save for that as well.

I was born in 1958 so I will be 58 in January. Like the idea that we are so many years wiser but not totally convinced. I still have my 25 yo son living with me and at times he reduces us to such squalor it's like being a student again. I am back in my original small house (bought in1980, finished paying for it in 1982) after several years in a larger house so I sometimes feel I am right back where I started.

Have just accepted an (extremely low) offer on the other house so I might start my challenge in January and complete it soon after. Need to sort my new budgets (just gone on a Token Payment Plan with StepChange as I wasn't expecting any more viewings until Easter and didn't see how I could keep going). Today is bank switch day so have been monitoring which bills have been paid.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • I'm still 2 days from payday but am determined that I'm going to make a start to this fund on Friday when it finally ticks around.
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 29 October 2015 at 2:41AM
    Morning Everyone :)

Munchin hun .... You're welcome for the welcome :D I know you can do this.....Life tends to get in the way for me too, but we CAN do this....

Hey Patman99 ..... You are definitely older and wiser then if you're into Glam Rock ;) Oooooooh what are you going to do for your Anniversary....something romantic I hope!! :)

Mothernerd ..... I think that you have lots of life experience and that's the main thing.....and please start when you need to hun....Sometimes real life gets in the way....

crazy_cat_lady hun ..... Oooooooh payday is tomorrow (Friday)....I believe in you....I know you can put something in on Friday....even if it's just a Fiver like me.... ;)

Nothing to report tonight....had a MUCH better sleep which is good!! xXx :)
  • crv1963
    crv1963 Posts: 1,372
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    patman99 wrote: »

I turned 52 last Monday!! :beer: So am with Patman99 with punk, glam rock and for me 80s electric music!

Welcome Munchin, I'm enjoying reading the posts finding others in similar boats has added to my determination to get sorted- even if it will be very slow.

Have just worked the figures out for our debts- I think that I've added them to my signature! Gorgeous Wife is 50 in 2017 so got to save for that next year as well :).

Payday tomorrow so hoping to make a start on the challenges for saving EF and 3-6 month. Have been in the loft and started sorting my hoard to sell, sent pictures of my train set (cost 22 shillings and 3d in 1967!!!) to an auction house that sells toys etc as I thought they would do better than me on e-bay. Waiting to hear back!
    CRV1963- Light bulb moment Sept 15- Planning the great escape- aka retirement!
  • DreamerHelen
    Forumite
    Morning crv1963 ...... Well I was born in '78 so I'm afraid Glam Rock and Electric 80's Music kind of passed me by...but I DO love 80's Music in General.....plus 80's Movies are THE BEST!! :D

Sounds like you have a plan going and are determined to achieve what you want to achieve....You WILL do it, I have faith in you...

Hope you have a GREAT day hun xXx :)
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Hi DH, can I join please? After just clearing my debts, I found myself with a bill for a boiler, that I did not have the 3K for and vowed to set up an EF. I am paying this off and don't actually have any spare cash at the moment, but aim for £1000 initially as I'll be proud to see that, then i'll go for 3 months if that's ok :)
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • crv1963
    crv1963 Posts: 1,372
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    '78 must have been a good year as I also turn the big 4-0 in 2018 :D Would like to do a big holiday to celebrate but there's 2 things... debt (obvs) and choosing a destination. Would like the Maldives but I think the hubster would get bored! :rotfl:

LMD x

LMD- We went to the Maldives, my Gorgeous Wife thought I'd get bored but I didn't even on a very remote tiny island like the one we went to- walk round it in an hour along the beaches- there's plenty to do- take lots to read, snorkel, etc you can be as active or lazy as you like!
    CRV1963- Light bulb moment Sept 15- Planning the great escape- aka retirement!
  • DreamerHelen
    Forumite
    Morning traveller ..... of course you can Join....welcome to the Gang!! :D I've put you on the Members List in Post One....and put your Initial Target as £1000....do let me know if you ever want to change it....and let us know how you're getting on....even if it's only a little bit at a time....this is the long-haul for most of us....but there's nothing wrong with that!! :)

crv1963 ..... I've never fancied places like the Maldives, perhaps it's because I don't much like beaches (apart from for about half an hour to look at the Ocean) or maybe it's because I see it as a really romantic place to go and I've never really had someone that I would want to go with....But it DOES look beautiful when I've seen it on TV....

Right...I'd better go and have Brekkie....catch you all later xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure