PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Morning everyone.

Think I'm going to have to bow out of this challenge for now, I am failing miserably at it :( I just can't seem to get a grip on my eating and things, I feel like I'm letting myself down and don't really belong on this thread at the moment :(
    I think everyone feels like this from time to time - stay lurking with us and when you're ready take the plunge to have another try.

Today hasn't been too bad but I haven't added up the cals yet....
    Breakfast - cereal bar (100cals)
    Midmorning - fruit and nuts (150 cals)
    Lunch - wholewheat seeded wrap (180 cals), spinach leaves (20 cals ) and quorn chicken (50 cals), satsuma (25 cals), WW yoghurt (68 cals), grapes (100 cals)
    Tea - cauliflower cheese (275 cals) quorn ham (100 cals)

Total 1068 cals so far

Plus 1 cookie - not sure how many cals in that but will budget 250 to be on the safe side - running total 1318

Will probably have strawberries later and maybe a rice cake if needed but should stay within 1500 cals.

The 3 new 10 min solutions DVDs have arrived - will do the Shred later though but I am shattered today due to waking up at 3am and not getting back to sleep:(
    Weigh day tomorrow - hope there's some small change to keep me motivated.
  • sb88_2
    sb88_2 Posts: 194 Forumite
    edited 21 June 2012 at 10:11PM
    meow5678 wrote: »
    Ohhhh... I forgot that this was a short time-frame based challenge! :rotfl:
    Obviously not trying to lose 7lb in a week or 2. :eek:
    I'll see how I do by the challenge deadline then decide on my next target to fit the length of the challenge.

Had a sneaky WI in this morning and so far, so good! Let's hope I don't manage to !!!!!! it all up in 24hours!!

I'm doing the same! Waiting untill this challenge finishes before declaring how much I want to lose for a challenge. My overall goal though is 14lbs, I need someone to help me stay on track, so wanted to share my daily eats! :)

B: Nutrigrain bar (on the way to interview)
    L: Banana, nectarine, 4 chocolate buscuits (240 calories, really really bad but didn't get a chance to eat properly and wasn't really hungry, had this with a coffee)
    D: Homemade Beef and lentil casserole.
    Snack: peppermint tea and kitkat (2 fingers)
    Supper Snack: Cheese sandwhich :(

Eat 350 calories worth of chocolates today! no wonder my weightloss has platued
    Weightloss: 18lbs/28lbs (Start weight: 11st, Current 9st 10)
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I won't have a chance to weigh in tomorrow, so I'm going to do it now:+1lb for me - back to square one. :wall:

On a plus side, I finally have a weight loss target! Off on holidays in Sept for the first time in 6 years, and I'd love to fit into my old bikini from 10 years ago! Just 1st to go!
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for all the good wishes everyone :) My official meals today have been much healthier than the last few weeks.........but I've snacked terribly through the day. Have some time tomorrow to meal plan for the week and see what I can manage. Good luck to you all :)
  • watermelon88
    watermelon88 Posts: 150 Forumite
    How has everyone done this week? It's the dreaded weigh day today :D

I just know that I am going to have either stayed the same or gained, been naughty this week. Had two takeaways!

It's only the first week for us though of this whole eating healthy and saving money thing so a few slip ups are allowed I guess.

Today's (thursdays) meal plan wasn't great, left over takeaway and that was about it.

I'll see how I go with the weigh in when I get up in the morning. Fingers crossed I will have lost a teensy bit!

Good luck everyone :-D
    Total Weight Loss Progress = -17lbs
    Money Earned Online = £108
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning Folks

Only managed to lose ¾ lb so have to declare a STS week, must have been the added extras on Wednesday that did it.

It’s another dark, wet morning here – at least that will give me time to catch up on all my indoor chores that is of course after I do a bit of “shredding”.

Need to do a cupboard and freezer inventory and plan menu for next week, but today will be:-
    B – Boiled Egg, Oatcake
    L – Roast Pork Salad
    D – Vegetable Curry, rice, poppadum, hm chutney – nom nom
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Hi just a quickie and I will catch up lunchtime

I have LOST 2LBS :j:j:j

Okay I know they are the 2lbs I put on last week and techincally im only back where I started but im happy with that :D

Good luck everyone
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all! Stuck at home today with children off on INSET day and can't go anywhere as I snapped my car key yesterday...

Breakfast - porridge, honey, raisins, cinnamon.
    Lunch - soup if it's still ok but I made it Monday so maybe not! Could make some more...
    Dinner - better go and look in the freezer...

Veg needs using - butternut squash, 2 courgettes, 2 peppers. Possibly a very large sweet potato. Suggestions welcome.

WI - still 11,10 as yesterday, though at the higher end I think! Dinner last night included Dauphinoise potatoes (first time cooking them since about 4 years ago when I had to stop as they were making us fat!) and melting middle chocolate puds with cream. The amount of cream I got through was shocking!

3 weeks left of this challenge... newbies if you want to join in with the weigh ins but leave the challenge for next time that's fine, but we do take late entries if you want ;)
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Morning all :)

Dinner last night was changed at the last minute as when I opened the pittas they were mouldy, despite still having 2 weeks on the best before date :mad: Made up some couscous and mixed with the roasted veggies to go with the halloumi and houmous :) Turned out quite nice in teh end, and DH didn't even suggest that there should have been some meat in the dinner :j:rotfl:

We're off to Ascot tomorrow so need to make picnic up tonight as we're leaving super early. Dinner will be something quick and easy as a result, although I've not actually planned anything yet!

Meals:
    BReakfast: babybel, pineapple juice, half granola bar
    Snack: half granola bar
    Lunch: cheese salad sandwich, grapes, hula hoops
    Snack: breakaway
    dinner: unplanned.

Stopping with friends Sat/Sun so won't be back on til Monday.

Ragz, how about doing a tray of roasted veg, I add small amount olive oil, few bashed garlic cloves, 2-3 tbsp balsamic and some oregano. Roast for about an hour at gas 6 (200ºC) add softer veg (eg peppers) after 30 mins.serve with poached chicken/salmon, or sausages?
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Up another 2 pounds :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: - hope the flipping change in meds kicks in soon as the increased weight means I have more pain killers, which increase my weight ........................:(:(:(:(:(
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport