Broken contract?

Comments

• leighavfc
    leighavfc Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    bairn7 wrote: »
    Sorry, am I the only one thinking why haven't you just spoken to him!? You are friends, pop by in a friendly capacity and find out what is going on!!

Well officially he is "Stressed" so i really dont think this is a good idea really, im also not in the right frame of mind to talk to him as of yet really. Plus i was told earlier that 2 texts requesting a meeting is "Bordering on harrassment".and were being unreasonable too apparently
    My dad has tried to find out whats going on by arranging a meeting.

He wasnt up to it and ignored us second time so i really dont see how else we can speak to him. Weve tried he ignored... speaks volumes to me...
    DEBT FREE AS OF 28/6/17 :j:beer:
  • leighavfc
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Apart from keys, which you now don't need back because you've changed the locks, what property does he have? Is it worth pursuing getting it back, or just let it go?

A few tools, laptop, customer lists. So yes enough to want back in my opinion. Im sure he will pass it back, hes not a thief as far as i know.. but who knows, never expected this. although it will probably leave on doorstep job because he has been a coward so far...
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    leighavfc wrote: »
    A few tools, laptop, customer lists. So yes enough to want back in my opinion. Im sure he will pass it back, hes not a thief as far as i know.. but who knows, never expected this. although it will probably leave on doorstep job because he has been a coward so far...

Unless his doctor has given him a 11 week sicknote (which is unlikely) then his sicknote doesn't cover his agreed notice. Therefore he doesn't have to give tools back as that would be telling you hes not coming back at all, when in fact what hes saying is 'currently' he is stressed and cannot work.

Therefore no need to return tools.

And honestly he's not being a coward, he's doing nothing wrong, you're overreacting massively (as you've already been told) and I probably wouldn't want to come and talk to you either, in his shoes.
  • The point is had he not handed in his notice, would your dad have text him for a meeting?

Yes the handing in of the notice changes things slightly but not a huge deal imo.

Also what business is his dad going into ....would the customer lists be important to him?
  • leighavfc
    edited 4 October 2017 at 7:48PM
    Well no, he asked my dad for a meeting 3/4 weeks ago to let him know he wanted to leave, they verbally agreed 11 week notice. He returned next day with his official notice stating 11 weeks etc.

I will also note during the meeting, my dad told him that if we can release him quicker we will do to obviously help him out, whilst needing to try and make the transition smooth. Again fully agreed and was happy for this to happen.

My dad text him for a meeting to try and resolve it on monday and as amicably as we can. This after texting my dad sunday morning stating... and i quote directly "i cant do it anymore and cant come back, i need to think about ME from now on".

Well as far as we know he wont need the customer lists, he may have got rid of them a while back but i dont know tbh. He definetly had some though is all i can say about that. He is supposedly doing electrics. The story is his dad was made redundant around May i think, and him, his dad and a old colleague are setting up on their own. Im pretty certain this is all true but again never say never.
  • leighavfc
    Unless his doctor has given him a 11 week sicknote (which is unlikely) then his sicknote doesn't cover his agreed notice. Therefore he doesn't have to give tools back as that would be telling you hes not coming back at all, when in fact what hes saying is 'currently' he is stressed and cannot work.

Therefore no need to return tools.

And honestly he's not being a coward, he's doing nothing wrong, you're overreacting massively (as you've already been told) and I probably wouldn't want to come and talk to you either, in his shoes.

Hi

Please see direct quote in post to gettingtheresometime regarding not coming back at all.

Well imo hes being a coward, we talk about everything.... woman troubles, life, football... anything you like. We havr also spoken about very deep and personal stuff. For example situations hes had to face in the past (wont mention what as thats not fair) also situations ive had like my brother having a rare form of leukaemia 5 years ago. He was like a rock for me back then. He wont even reply to 2 texts offering to sort it all with a meeting.

This why i probably come across as raging mad, because im asking a million and one questions trying to find out why he couldnt have approached us like he normally would. Nothing..... and i mean nothing has changed since the day before his notice was handed in until now. I wear my heart on my sleeve and maybe that comes across the wrong way sometimes.
  • leighavfc
    edited 4 October 2017 at 8:28PM
    Breaking News: hes coming in for a meeting tomorrow with my dad. Hopefully this will kill off all the questions etc. Credit to him for coming in and trying to sort this here and now.

I will let you know how it goes and what the outcome is.

He got in touch with my dad also, before we are "Bordering Harassment".
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Have you sorted out what his contractual notice period is yet? That's potentially quite vital in how you progress things.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What exactly was agreed re the 11 weeks?
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • leighavfc
    bugslet wrote: »
    Have you sorted out what his contractual notice period is yet? That's potentially quite vital in how you progress things.

Not as of yet, been in and out past couple of days, will sort this tomorrow and post. Hopefully though after the meeting tomorrow there will be no further action needed!

Will be no drama's, my dad has said i will let him decide what he wants to do. We will make do without him from now on if he goes, its been hard and stressful past 3 days but we will cope whilst we find a replacement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport