I want EuroTunnel discount codes

About to book trip 21/8/08 (outward bound) and 31/8/08 (Inward bound) and notice a promtion code box, and was woundering if anybody had a vaild code to help bring down the cost a little.

Thanks in advance :beer:

CC

Comments

• Nothing for the tunnel, but in last weeks mail on Sunday there was a discount code for Speedferries, vaild for all bookings until the 20th May made through their website.

Quote: mail_sun_1 for 20% off all basic tickets; mail_sun_2 for 20% discount off all flex tickets
  • squidge wrote: »
    Nothing for the tunnel, but in last weeks mail on Sunday there was a discount code for Speedferries, vaild for all bookings until the 20th May made through their website.

Quote: mail_sun_1 for 20% off all basic tickets; mail_sun_2 for 20% discount off all flex tickets

Thanks for that, but really looking for discounts for the tunnel as we are driving to Spain and don't want to lost a extre hour on the channel crossing's

CC
  • Hello

I too would like some as well :-) for early August.

BTW does anyone know the turn up and go price?

Bigglesw
  • shown73
    shown73 Posts: 1,268
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A while ago, someone posted a code, but I have no idea if it works, never had a chance to try it. Anyway, the code was oo4474RIV, or 004474RIV most likely, which should be entered in the staff box. You didn't get this from me, of course....Sorry if this sort of thing is frowned on, not sure of the etiquette, but it is a potential money saving, after all, and it was on here that I saw it before.
  • polarbearit
    polarbearit Posts: 237 Forumite
    Tried the tunnel codes above - no luck :(

I too want a code as the tunnel is far more reliable than ferries in my experience...
  • shown73
    shown73 Posts: 1,268
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorry, it was a little while ago, and I suppose that the codes are changed regularly, for obvious reasons! Worth a try, anyway.
  • jaymac_2
    jaymac_2 Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    if you have tesco vouchers you can use those.
  • topmum
    topmum Posts: 387 Forumite
    Hi folks
    Eurotunnel do not do discount codes. Please do not use any staff codes as they do check and I do know of some folks who ended up being charged full whack by using them.

If you book far enough ahead youwill get the £49 each way fares. The turn up and go fares are full whack as well I am afraid.

Happy holidays :beer:
    :rotfl:
  • BernadetteN
    BernadetteN Posts: 845 Forumite
    shown73 wrote: »
    A while ago, someone posted a code, but I have no idea if it works, never had a chance to try it. Anyway, the code was oo4474RIV, or 004474RIV most likely, which should be entered in the staff box. You didn't get this from me, of course....Sorry if this sort of thing is frowned on, not sure of the etiquette, but it is a potential money saving, after all, and it was on here that I saw it before.

That staff number belongs to someone, you haven't got it quite right anyway but it's similar to a staff code. However, I'd be livid if someone started posting my Eurotunnel staff code over the internet. There's a counter on how many discounted journeys staff and their friends can make over a short period, it's not much and the limit is there deliberately to prevent fraudulent use such as you are suggesting.

If you know a member of Eurotunnel staff or a sub-contractor, you are able to legitimately use someone's staff code ONLY WITH THEIR PERMISSION and you would have to name at check-in who gave you the code.

Staff discount is not that much anyway. A 24 hour return would cost me £42 instead of £50, a period return is also only a few quid cheaper.

If you want a cheap Eurotunnel fare, go at an unsocial time and be prepared to wait 2 or 3 hours for a shuttle. So really the time gained on the short journey can be lost quickly in waiting for a shuttle.
  • HI
    Thanks for your help. In the end i brought the "10 single tickets for £39 each" so that if we travel peak time the max we'll pay will be £69 per crossing, which when i booked up the 1am train was £59 outwards and the inward train at approx 4pm was £99 and we only paid an extre £30 on top of the £78 return it was still cheaper. we will go back to spain another 2 times befor the 10 tickets run out and their will be the wine top up trips too. This worked well for us.

CC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport