Toyota Contract Hire

I wonder if anyone in the forum can advise?
I recently reached the end of my contract hire period on my car and traded it in for a new car with a local Toyota dealer, thereby starting a new contract hire agreement. Anyway Toyota finance apparently thought I'd decided to keep the old car and withdrew nearly £4,000 from my current account.
Then followed a nightmare of daily calls to the local Toyota dealer, who seemed powerless to do anything about it until nearly 2 months after the withdrawal I raised a county court claim form and cancelled my direct debit for my new car - which seemed to help focus their minds.
Nearly 3 months later they credited my account by the amount they withdrew, however they have not pail the £185 it cost me to raise the claim. In the overall scheme of things its not a lot but I feel I should continue to press out of principle. Is there a way of avoiding ending up with an impaired credit rating as I've cancelled my direct debit with them, and later this month will be my first missed payment?

Many thanks, Steve

Comments

• tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    smh2020 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone in the forum can advise?
    I recently reached the end of my contract hire period on my car and traded it in for a new car with a local Toyota dealer, thereby starting a new contract hire agreement. Anyway Toyota finance apparently thought I'd decided to keep the old car and withdrew nearly £4,000 from my current account.
    Then followed a nightmare of daily calls to the local Toyota dealer, who seemed powerless to do anything about it until nearly 2 months after the withdrawal I raised a county court claim form and cancelled my direct debit for my new car - which seemed to help focus their minds.
    Nearly 3 months later they credited my account by the amount they withdrew, however they have not pail the £185 it cost me to raise the claim. In the overall scheme of things its not a lot but I feel I should continue to press out of principle. Is there a way of avoiding ending up with an impaired credit rating as I've cancelled my direct debit with them, and later this month will be my first missed payment?

Many thanks, Steve

No. That's what's known as cutting your nose off to spite your face. If you're willing to have a missed payment recorded on your file leave it as it is. The time to claim costs is in court, you've not gone to court so haven't had that chance, any further payment from them will be in the form of goodwill but they are not obliged to pay you anything more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure