YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    Per card. Two cards being used. :)
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    Six contactless transactions in a row at the same place probably wouldn't go through anyway.
    Quite possibly not.
    takman wrote: »
    Do you have an Android Phone?. If so you can just use Android Pay and pay £100 in one go on one account and the rest on the other.
    May be, may be not. It is down to the retailer to set the limit.

Same applies to Apple Pay.

I was surprised to find many smaller retailers offering unlimited (i.e. card limit) amounts on Apple Pay. Very progressive.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Won't be £9 though, as getting 3 successful taps done on each card in quick succession isn't going to happen! ;)

I recently did 16 contactless transactions at £25 each across 4 cards. All done within 10 minutes. No PIN entry required.

Net result was 20% off Amazon gift cards.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    karlie88 wrote: »
    I recently did 16 contactless transactions at £25 each across 4 cards. All done within 10 minutes. No PIN entry required.
    That must be a record, going by reports on here and my own experience.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That must be a record, going by reports on here and my own experience.

I'll happily admit than I'm no expert when it comes to contactless technology, but maybe there's a difference between online/offline transactions? Perhaps offline transactions allow multiple sales to be completed within a short period of item (because there's no direct contact with the issuer).
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    TheShape wrote: »
    I've used Android pay in Tesco for transactions under £30 but it wouldn't work in their petrol garage for a £45ish spend. Who decides the limit for android contactless payments, is it the retailer?

Did you unlock the phone?, I think it must be unlocked to make a payment over £30. I don't know exactly how the limit is set but I've done a payment just under £80 using Android Pay in EuroCarParts.
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,792 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Isn't it a little unfair to expect the garage to pay 6 lots of processing fees?
  • TheBanker wrote: »
    Isn't it a little unfair to expect the garage to pay 6 lots of processing fees?

I didn't think of that! If that is the case and a flat rate per transaction rather than a percentage ?bthen I would not want to try it.
  • takman wrote: »
    Do you have an Android Phone?. If so you can just use Android Pay and pay £100 in one go on one account and the rest on the other.

No just the debit cards x 2
  • I bet that if you offered them a fiver, they'd be delighted to do it. So, no need for embarrassment over you gaining a similar sum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure