Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• Beds changed, washing sorted, second load in the washer and breakfast has been had.

Having a cuppa then attacking the washing up....the kitchen looks like a hell hole.

Been thinking and I'm going to use my £2 coins and 20p coins for Christmas food, there must be about £200 in total there. My demijohn change is going to go off the BC. I think there might be £50 in there, so will make a small dent.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thankfully my trains were on time, really rather crowded, coming back from London Bridge though my usual train wasn't on the board so I had to get the next one....pain!

I live Whyteleafe area, where abouts are you?

Not far, Redhill *waves* soon to be moving to Earlswood hopefully. I had an inkling when you mentioned the skate park in the old church, I thought it could only be one place! Sorry to hear about work, hope something comes up. Perhaps if there was something closer to home salary may not be as big an issue but I completely understand where you're coming from, no one wants to take a financial hit!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 September 2016 at 11:22AM
    Options
    Waves back frantically....small world :)

So bit the bullet and did the balance transfer to MBNA. The debt looks even worse now once the 3% handling fee is applied but it's got to go in the right direction.

Once the transfer is complete, the total debt will be £9259.70, gives me more of an incentive to get rid of it. I want it down to £8000.00 by December. Which means I need to clear £1259.70, should be doable.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the transfer , I know the transfer fee is a pain but hopefully it will work out better in the long run. We have a similar aim to clear a certain amt by December, mine is £1400.
  • Evening everyone :wave:

A LSD today and apart from a top up shop tomorrow should be a LS weekend. Lots to do tomorrow, kids have homework stuff to sort and I'm making a beef & ale pie.....got loads of washing to do too, a woman's work is never done eh?

Dinner tonight was sausages, chips and beans (junk dinner) and it was really nice, not had something like that for a long time.

Looking at my earlier post, I'm wondering if my aim is a tad too high? £1259.70 is quite a high figure, especially with Christmas coming up and various birthdays in between, so I have revised my thinking, IF I can clear that I will be happy and will have a large G&T to celebrate, if I can clear at least £1k, I will have a medium G&T to celebrate.

Need to keep planning.
  • debtaghh wrote: »
    Well done on the transfer , I know the transfer fee is a pain but hopefully it will work out better in the long run. We have a similar aim to clear a certain amt by December, mine is £1400.

That's been bugging me all night, I know it can be done and I think I may have given up too quickly judging by last nights post.
  • Had a pants night, DH is still in pain with his back and has been given more tablets by the doctor. Told him last night he needs to go back again and get them to look at it. He wants to try physio first though...men!!

I've been worrying about my job and trying to find somewhere new, I hate this feeling, just got to pull my finger out I guess I'm sure something will come along.

I've also spent some of the night worrying if we've made the right decision with the balance transfer. I know we have but 3 years isn't a long time to clear nearly £9k of debt and trying to move house too, which is the ultimate aim next year.

So I decided I will aim to clear £1259.70 any way I can!
  • Checked finances, on track so far.

Have updated my sheet with squares, so that I can colour them in once I have cleared the balance off the MBNA. I've never done that before, so it'll be nice to see if it helps with the motivation.

In other news...one load in the drier and one load in the washer. Going to get dressed and then go top up shopping.

Back later, have a great Sunday.
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Keep your chin up PMO2, you can do this. It can feel overwhelming at times, but just break it down into smaller more manageable goals, and chomp away at the debt like that!

If you can't clear the MBNA in 3 years (and I'm sure you will), then just do another BT to keep the debt at 0%.

Hope your OH is free from pain soon. Back ache is the worst! Good luck too with finding another job. Keep up with all the selling (I will be joining you on doing that once I've started my MAT leave uggh), it will really help you to find the money to get the CC down to £8k.

I'm cheering you on from the sidelines!!! :j:j:j
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can do it! Who knows what can happen in the next three years, take one step at a time. Have a lovely day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure