No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Options

Comments

• Gemzie121
    Options
    One uu at swimming this evening:

Argan oil intensive hydration mask 220ml- WBA this is a HG item for me and is an absolute bargain at £1. Its thick in consistency, works really well on my hair and smells amazing. Ive got more of these stashed so i need to dig another out to replace this in my swimming bag.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Went to use tube of Savlon last night and found it had no top. Got 2 squeeze ps out of it and called it a day. Have replacement tube.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    UU Du'It Tough Hands cream - WNBA. It was fine, but there are nicer creams for dry hands out there.

UU Nivea 3 in 1 Gentle Cleansing Wipes for dry skin - WNBA as they managed to feel both greasy and also dry out my skin.

UU Dove Anti-Perspirant - WBA, HG product.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    I have UU's! :T:T

Mini tube of toothpaste. It was a Colgate "Interdental" one - no better than anything else to be honest but no doubt at a premium price so WNBA. I do still have other mini-tubes of it but they will be used for travelling.
    Avon Advance Techniques Hair Colour - this was a lightening one - deliberately chosen as close to my natural colour, but it has actually lightened a touch too. I LOVE these hair colours, they were launched when I was a rep and I've used nothing else since, however sadly I believe they are now discontinued. :( WDBA if I can, but do have some more in stash.

My Body Butter is nearing it's end - I'm trying to remember to shower in th evenings not the morning at the moment as I actually have time to use it then! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a uu

Philosophy Purity Made Simple 90ml - WMBA, I do have another in the stash plus plenty of other face washes to use first.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I have a uu

Philosophy Purity Made Simple 90ml - WMBA, I do have another in the stash plus plenty of other face washes to use first.

And don't you find face washes take FOREVER to get through?! :eek:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    lynseydee wrote: »
    Houseplant, what exactly is a bubble bar and are they different to bath bombs?

Yes they are. Bubbles bars can be crumbled under running water and then behave more like a bubble bath. Bath bombs tend to not make bubbles as much or in the same way, they fizz instead.
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    Hi ladies, how is everyone this Monday?

I don't work Monday's (Saturday's instead for my sins) so I'm off today. Feeling awful with a bad cold though. Throat feels awful! I managed to motivate myself to go into town because M&S have been brilliant and offered me a full refund. So I went into store with my email and got that sorted. Then I may have been naughty and been to Lush....

So some outs in the form of the cleanser and moisturiser that made my face react awfully.
    But some ins:

Dreamtime bath melt
    Sleepy time moisturiser
    The rose toner
    Lord of Misrule shower jelly (this was a major up sell when the lovely lady on till heard I was ill but I've never tried a shower jelly before so I'm quite excited)
    Snow angel bubble bar/bath melt

Really looking forward to using these and they have already cheered my ill self up. Work has also been incredibly stressful lately due to lots of change going on that has been badly managed and will affect my role. It all got very Chinese whispers and I still haven't formally been told all I know and I wasn't consulted. I guess so is life! I'm shattered though from it all and it's a bit of a shame as I was until now really loving my job despite the busyness and pay cut I took to do it.
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2016 at 6:55PM
    Options
    3 UU to report:

Fearne Body Wash 200ml - This was left over from a Boots gift set from years ago. Shower gels always take a while to use up for me. Have replaced this with two mini Baylis & Harding ones which I'm using alternatively.
    John Frieda Frizz Ease Forever Smooth Shampoo 8ml/and Conditioner 8ml samples - I'm counting this as 2 UU. It still adds to my total :). Overall the conditioner seems to have been very good as my hair does seem smoother. I would definitely consider purchasing it full size once I get through the stash. The shampoo was nice too but I tend to prefer more natural ones.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • evilsquid1603
    Options
    thank you for the support everyone :) i think I've now just reached the stage of releasing its one day in our lives and really isn't worth all the stress and arguing, if only for the fact after 10 minutes people will only be bothered about where the bar is and thats it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure