Disability Living Allowance and Jobseekers' Allowance (Income Based

Comments

• richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Clair1977 wrote: »
    hi there,

I'm currently claiming DLA higher rate, but have recently had by renewal claim cancelled, even though I can hardly walk. My condition hasn't changed at all, and if anything it has gone worse. Can I appeal and what would I have to do? Any advice would be grateful please

you should start your own thread on this as you will get more answers that way
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Clair1977 wrote: »
    hi there,

I'm currently claiming DLA higher rate, but have recently had by renewal claim cancelled, even though I can hardly walk. My condition hasn't changed at all, and if anything it has gone worse. Can I appeal and what would I have to do? Any advice would be grateful please

Yes you can appeal, you need to do this on form GL24. It would be best to get help from a welfare rights officer with the appeal, these can be found at the CAB, local Council or disability organisations such as DIAL. You have one month to appeal from the date of the decision.

The following is a link about the GL24:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017514
  • NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    healy wrote: »
    If she gets any rate of DLA she will get the disability premium with her JSA. This is in addition to the DLA. I know the disability premium has gone as far as ESA is concerned but I think it is still payable with JSA.
    It is still payable on JSA.
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    UPDATE:

My son's girlfriend heard today she will be getting DLA!!

She does not know what rate yet, they rang her because they could not read her bank details on the form and rang her up to clarify them. She was told that she would be getting DLA and would get a letter in two weeks.
    She was too flustered to ask them what rate.

Result!!

:j:j
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Well done! :D
  • seven-day-weekend
    Forumite
    She has heard today -she has been awarded Lower Rate Mobility and Lower Rate Care backdated to February 14th!:T

Can anyone confirm how much the disability premium on the Jobseekers' Allowance will be? I've googled it and it says £27.50 a week but that seems too good to be true.......
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • cifpower
    £27.50 is the right amount for a disability premium
  • seven-day-weekend
    Forumite
    cifpower wrote: »
    £27.50 is the right amount for a disability premium

Oh wow...so with the two components of DLA she'll be getting an extra £62 a week??

This will REALLY help her.

Think I need a :beer:

Thanks SO much for your help.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
  • cifpower
    No, she just gets the one premium of £27.50

edit - sorry, miscalculated from your post. My bad.
  • seven-day-weekend
    Forumite
    To clarify, she will get two lots of £17.50 from her DLA (LRM and LRC) and £27.50 on her JSA? Totalling £62.50?
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure