Egg credit card -ppi declined claim

Has anyone had any luck with persuing Egg re PPI.

I took a credit card 15 years ago when I was 18 and if I remember rightly ppi was preticked, and basically said you had a better chance of acceptance with this box being ticked.

I tried to explain this to egg a few months back but they have came back saying full and final NO!!!

Has anyone had any experience of getting them to change their mind??? Or any experience in general??

Nxxx

Comments

• natweststaffmember
    natweststaffmember Posts: 12,063 Forumite

I took a credit card 15 years ago when I was 18 and if I remember rightly ppi was preticked, and basically said you had a better chance of acceptance with this box being ticked.

I tried to explain this to egg a few months back but they have came back saying full and final NO!!!

Has anyone had any experience of getting them to change their mind??? Or any experience in general??

Nxxx

I would repost the question on the PPI boards. With Egg you will have to prove this so you need to be clear exactly how you applied and any conversations you may have had prior to taking an egg card.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite

Nxxx

Hi there

As Natweststaffmember suggests, its best to post this one on the PPI reclaiming threads here for help in regards of this actual matter:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169

However, while I'm here, did they enclose any details of the financial ombudsman service (FOS)?
    If so you need to take your complaint to these "if eligible", they should let you know if your able to go this direction or not.

But otherwise, check on the success thread on the above thread, where you should come across any success with EGG.

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family