PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Comments

• pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    oh igamogam I am a Line Manager I hope my staff dont say that about me :):)

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    oh igamogam I am a Line Manager I hope my staff dont say that about me :):)

I am quite sure you are a lovely Line manager and know what you are doing:rotfl: - I am also in the 'chain of command' unfortunately the one above does not have a clue how to deal with certain situations and it all goes t!ts up when they intervene putting me and my team back weeks or sometimes months and we have to pick up the pieces/take the flack:mad::mad:

Sorry bad day............ which usually means I am up for a fight against the clutter to get it out of my system:D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • ok, hoover gone, breadmaker and book gone.
    Declutter 2024 in 2024 /2024 SPC = 13 £45.32 (2023) £64.89 (2022) £95.67 (2021) £305.16 (2020)Loan paid off! Credit card paid off!!! Debt paid off, debt free date 28/12/2020
  • So, up to 321/500 and bathroom painted - need to get wallpaper next.
    Declutter 2024 in 2024 /2024 SPC = 13 £45.32 (2023) £64.89 (2022) £95.67 (2021) £305.16 (2020)Loan paid off! Credit card paid off!!! Debt paid off, debt free date 28/12/2020
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Busylizzie wrote: »
    I threw out some medicine last week with an expiry date of.....1984!! That's two houses ago!! :rotfl:
    ;) In 2004 a mate of mine found spices in her spice rack with PRE DECIMAL PRICES on them. And she'd moved house several times in the intervening years, too.

I've been a bit MIA but I have been thinking about my decluttering and have made a few more decisions.

46. A vase.- c.s.
    47. A book. - c.s.
    48. A defunct electric plug - binned.
    49. Piece of apparel. c.s.
    50. Bundle of coat-hangers. - c.s.

50/100 in May.

Keep up the good work, one and all. I love hearing about your successes.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Igamogam wrote: »
    I am quite sure you are a lovely Line manager and know what you are doing:rotfl: - I am also in the 'chain of command' unfortunately the one above does not have a clue how to deal with certain situations and it all goes t!ts up when they intervene putting me and my team back weeks or sometimes months and we have to pick up the pieces/take the flack:mad::mad:

Sorry bad day............ which usually means I am up for a fight against the clutter to get it out of my system:D

Went for a very long swim instead:) - now going to declutter an M&S whoopsied apple turnover thingy then go to bed - TGIF tomotrrow :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    80 small bag of work trousers and skirts - cs
    81 small bag of nightwear - I think these are done for - bin

Now I need to consider if I really need 3 dressing gowns? See I have my lovely posh white one that I dare not wear (I have toddlers), I have my big long fluffy one for when it is cold, like a cuddle with sleeves lol, and I have a light summer one for when the other is too warm. I ought to bite the bullet and wear wine I love, and ditch the other two...

Tomorrow I will be in the garage, my dear departed OH has an ikea cabinet with those plastic tubs in, full of his electrickery. I have absolutely no idea what most of it does, and I could use one of the tubs to store DDs oat milk supply, as I tend to buy in bulk so I can avoid a trip to the dreaded supermarket every week... So something will be leaving the house!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • cat04
    cat04 Posts: 644
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Went for a very long swim instead:) - now going to declutter an M&S whoopsied apple turnover thingy then go to bed - TGIF tomotrrow :)

Oooh that sounds yummy, I love any type of apple pastry things, certainly a good job I don't have them very often!

25. 5 sets of new socks left over from craft project - sold via FB
    26. 15 kids books sold via FB
    27. 10 kids books sold via FB
    28. Wordsearch book completed and recycled
    29. Gift bag & tissue paper used from stash
    30. 5 vests & 2 pairs of shorts sold via FB
    31. Footless doll given away via FB!
    32. Birthday card used up from stash
    33. Large cardboard box that's been in the back garden for at least 2 months - binned, not fit for recycling!
    34. Pile of conifer cuttings from bloody over hanging trees ij back finally put in green bin ready for collection tomorrow :)

I'm not on a big decluttering rush lately, losing the initial excitement/thrill as I don't seem to be getting rid of lots/bigger things and DD2 id being a little swine (to put it politely!) at the moment. She missed out on starting school by a few days as she's a September baby so she's got that 'big fish in a little pond' syndrome! She's not helping matters leaving stuff all over or making a mess and I'm constantly shattered so not in right frame of mind to tidy or sort grrr. I'm sure I'll get over it soon and get back on track, it just doesn't help that I feel like I'm the only one who cares about what the house looks like sometimes!!
    Extra savings aim for 2020 £4,000 £0/£4,000
    Original MF date Feb 2025. Currently Feb 2030:eek: Aiming for Jan 2025 :T
    Mortgage at [STRIKE]10/19 - £47,200[/STRIKE] 11/19 - £46,615
    :heart:My girls keep me going:heart:
  • iQueen
    iQueen Posts: 810 Forumite
    Been busy decluttering the garden of brambles... again! Found some usable timber on the river bank (dumped by neighbour) which will make me some good raised beds! :T Managed to do some decluttering this week too:

1. 40+ egg boxes - local egg seller
    2+3. Bin bags of personal papers - burnt
    4. Metal tennis racket (broken string) - recycled
    5. Sympathy card from card stash - posted with letter

Rather dull and windy, so will try to do some indoor decluttering today - baby steps! ;)
    Needs, NOT wants!
    No food waste since November 2010. :j
    No debts.
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    DH decluttered the drawers from the sideboard yesterday :D. I've been catching up on much overdue housework and have also been finishing off a cardigan I've been knitting. I hope it will be finished this weekend and then I can get straight on with my next project and declutter some more yarn!
    I will have some ins soon as I promised a friend a baby blanket and baby's due in September. Need to choose the pattern and then get on with it :o
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure