Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,823
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Oh that's rubbish KK! (Sorry, thought I might be preaching to the converted about checking, but you never know.)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Sorry to hear work is slow - not enough work can be as bad as too much work in my view. I get up to far too much mischief plotting and planning if I haven't got enough to do .....I hope the promised work arrives soon : )
  • Hope you've had a good day xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • themadvix
    Forumite
    Thanks BusyMee and ATB, it's so kind of you to think of me! Yes, today has been much better than yesterday (but then Fridays always are, aren't they?!). Got the painting I needed to do out of the way this morning, then had made plans to have lunch with Mum and Sis (and niece, but she's not ready for a tuna sandwich yet!), but then Dad called, so I rearranged to have lunch with him (which is fine with Mum, anything for a quiet life - they are 'amicably' divorced). So having a sort of out the box of bits I have under my bed at mum's will have to wait, but had a lovely pub lunch with Dad instead (he paid).

Am now sitting here reading threads whilst scanning loads of photocopies of family tree stuff! (And trying to resist buying a certificate I really should have and don't seem to own). Have managed to find a couple of bits that might even be saleable too :)

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sounds good! Hope you enjoy today :)

Frustrating about certificates, isn't it - thats why keeping on top of the filing has been so essential for me ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    No need for apologies at all chick! I finally had one through from Prolific for 60p wooop!

Pub lunch sounds like a lovely treat with your dad too! hope you're having a great weekend!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • themadvix
    Forumite
    Oh KC, don't go there about the filing - my family tree filing is in a terrible state (but has now all been scanned at least :) ). I need to work on it to get it all tidy and up-to-date before I really do any more research.... but that's boring!

That's great KK about prolific - hooray! After my initial speedy stint, I've not had any more, so you'll catch me up, I'm sure.

Weekend was lovely, despite DH having a cold. We had a super meal out on Friday night (didn't need pudding, so that saved us a few £s!). Saturday we spent pottering around the house, MBing (DH), scanning (me), Mum called in for a cuppa (bringing creme eggs, she can come again!).

Yesterday we got up early and went for a walk - it was much needed and lovely to get some fresh air and connect with nature - we could see the bluebells beginning to poke their heads up in the woods.

In the afternoon we met up with our school friends for a belated 'Christmas' catch up. We went to the pub we used to frequent when we were *ahem* at school, so food and drink were cheap and we spent all afternoon there, spending about £25 on lunch (with pud) and drinks. A bargain (I even reverted to drinking pints of orange squash - they used to be 20p, now 75p! Shocking inflation ;) ). It's always interesting when we meet up these days - there's quite a clear divide in incomes in the group now, and so you get some people chatting away about 'brunch' in London and fancy holidays, and others who I know are struggling to make ends meet. DH and I are somewhere in the middle and it's difficult as we can see the profligacy of the richer ones in the group and feel for the poorer ones while we're choosing to be 'poor'. It irks me that I know one of the richer couples claims that they 'couldn't afford to overpay' (something we discussed with them before we both bought at the same time and they said they'd be doing), but have just got back from a three-week exotic honeymoon... and have a new car. Hmm... priorities! (But I kept my mouth shut!)

This morning I have a few bits of worky stuff to do and will pop down to grab the box of bits from Mum that I think can be sold. Sis will call round later for a cup of tea. She's gone to look at new housing developments near me today. DH has gone off for another work trip, so tonight I will be eating from stores and enjoying the last of the Ancestry free access/doing the family tree filing, and catching up on Call the Midwife.

Things to be grateful for (from the weekend)
    * catching up with old friends - was absolutely lovely
    * fresh air and a walk
    * signs of spring
    * decluttering two ring binder files of paper I'd forgotten I had
    * Ancestry access :D

Have a lovely Monday y'all!

• themadvix
    Forumite
    Popped down to Mum's this morning for a cuppa and to collect the mystery box. Turns out there's loads of ebayable/boot sale goodies in there, so will enjoy looking through that properly later.

Have done a couple of surveys on 1P - at £39.60.... so close! 60p on Prolific too.

Inspired by BusyMee, I'm having pasta and pesto for lunch and we've got some peppers and tomatoes in the fridge, so I shall be roasting them for pasta lunches for the rest of the week.

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What a lovely weekend TMV :) sounds like you had a fab and bargainous time!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • themadvix
    Forumite
    Hooray, I cashed out on Onepoll! At last! I'm not going to say never again, but I will give it a break for a little while. Am continuing to keep up to date with other surveys. SBs nearly at £5 Am again.

Also sold an item on the Bay for £2 yesterday (problem is it's so horrible out that I don't want to walk to the PO to post it!). It's been on there so long I was about to give up. The BIN listing had recently come to an end, so I think it must have appeared in someone's feed to get attention. Might try listing things for less than 30 days. I have a few other bits to put on there - some plumbing bits we don't need and a couple of the bits from my Mum's. Most of the stuff in that box is either hers or for the car boot sale though, so mainly I've achieved cluttering up our spare room!

I have a little bit of work coming this afternoon, which is nice. The bit that was mentioned last week hasn't yet materialised. :( As well as making bread, doing washing etc. this morning I have been making a concerted effort to get the copy together for my website in a logical and finished way. Hopefully it will be able to go live this week.

DH and I have also come up with a cunning plan to sell some things on Etsy/Folksy. So I will need to look into that. Someone is already doing similar, but I had the idea before I'd looked on there, so I don't think that would be a problem?

*Work now done and bread out of the oven. Lunch coming up!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback