In need of real help want to be debt free!!!!!

Hi All,

If this thread is in the wrong place then please let me know.

I am really wanting to be debt as i completely what state my finances have got into. Currently i earn £17.5k a year, i know it is not great and could be better but i am currently trying to make it work until i find another job that pays more.

Currently i am live alone, however i do have a daughter from my previous relationship and i am paying child maintenance for her and never missed a payment.

I currently have several payments set up with a few companies to payback the outstanding payments, currently these are set up for the minimum payments that the companies will accept.however this is where the issues seem to start. as i still have other companies chasing me for payments that i can not meet.

I have completed a budget planner and looked at my current finances and this is showing that i have a cash balance of £8.85 free each month.

Some of the payments that i am paying is for a car that i have to which i can not contact the company and speak to to try and arrange an extension on my payment plan to decrease my payments that i currently have as this car finance is through my former partners father, and my former partner and me were using a credit card through her parents and i am also making a partial payment on this each month.

I am stuck with what to do and how to make ends meat and also make all the relevant payments that i have still to make, such as a outstanding energy bill and a outstanding overdraft on a joint account that is still to be paid.

I currently have no savings and have no social life at all as i have no spare cash. currently all i do is go to work, go home, eat , sleep and repeat.

Has any one any ideas how to help.

Comments

• Hi stumac. You've come to the right place and will get lots of help here.

First of all, make sure your priority bills are paid such as rent or mortgage, council tax utilities and food. These are far more important than debt repayments.

Then give Stepchange a call or google them. They are a debt charity and will give you advise on what to do about your debts. They are amazing and helped me and my DH when we were at our wits end.

Don't worry your debt problems can be sorted now that you've posted on here :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport