TSB Loan offer

13»

Comments

• Had the same with M&S too. Wasn't advised of the rate change (8.8% on £10k for a car) until the paperwork arrived.

I have an impeccable credit rating and longevity in terms of house (with high level of equity) and job, plus a good level of salary with plenty of disposable income. Makes me wonder just what you do need to get the 2.8% :-(
  • gnioto
    gnioto Posts: 41 Forumite
    I am a lloyds customer and applied for a few loans with them at the advertised rates. As I was continually going into an unapproved overdraft the rates were regularly 15-25% For the last year I've remained in my credit limit and have just been approved a loan at 2.9%
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Stratshell wrote: »
    Had the same with M&S too. Wasn't advised of the rate change (8.8% on £10k for a car) until the paperwork arrived.

I have an impeccable credit rating and longevity in terms of house (with high level of equity) and job, plus a good level of salary with plenty of disposable income. Makes me wonder just what you do need to get the 2.8% :-(

Well if lenders go by your credit rating then you should have been accepted.

BUT

Lenders dont see your rating they see your credit history.
  • Stratshell wrote: »

It's a commercially sensitive decision, so you'll never know, and will depend on what the lender's strategy and target customer is.

For example, the bank may think your income/wealth means there's limited opportunities for cross-selling its other products, which may be marketed at a less affluent customer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure