Ideal Home Exhibition, Belfast

Jo4
Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
The Ideal Home Exhibition is on in the Kings Hall, Belfast from 7 - 11 September 2005. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get cheap or free tickets for this event?

I went one other year and a very kind gentleman heard us being asked for 2 admission fees, I think about £10 - £14, and he tapped my hubby on the shoulder and said to my hubby, "sure have these". It was 2 free tickets and he had more free tickets in his hand and used free tickets to get himself and a few friends in.

Anyone know how to get free tickets or reduced tickets?

Comments

• freddie_2
    freddie_2 Posts: 918 Forumite
    Check on their web site, will be doing reduced rate tickets but only from end aug. Dosnt say how much but havent seen any other offers around.

http://www.idealhome.co.uk/booking-form.htm

Normally I 'make' the entrance fee back in coupons etc for groceries.
  • cruesfan
    cruesfan Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As main sponsors, the Belfast Telegraph and Sunday Life usually print vouchers for cheap tickets or two for one offers. I used to know a guy who worked for a PR company and he distributed promotional posters for the Exhibition to various outlets. He would leave some free tickets as a 'thank-you' for displaying the posters. Might be worthwhile asking in any shop where you see a poster displayed. After all, if you don't ask.......
  • Jo4
    Tickets are £5 in advance and £7 at the door. The link in reply number 2 has been updated!
  • avoniel
    avoniel Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    According to todays Belfast Telegraph see next Tuesdays paper for free entry for Home Delivery readers
  • Jo4
    jmcateer wrote:
    According to todays Belfast Telegraph see next Tuesdays paper for free entry for Home Delivery readers

THANKS for responding! Although I do not get it delivered, I will have to get it next Tuesday!! :T :A
  • Jo4
    Was there anything any use in the Belfast Telegraph today as I wont get out to get it until about 9pm? What did it say about the show or tickets?
  • Jo4
    I went to all the shops in the town where I live and they do not get the Belfast Telegraph!! I travelled 10 miles and I went to every shop that sold newspapers and any that sold it were sold out. Not a happy bunny!!

What was in todays paper, curiosity is killing me?!?!
  • 33pelter
    33pelter Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    I go every year because somehow my uncle gets free tickets in some newspaper....
    "Well, we are a Christian country, it is an important part of our make-up and I don't see any reason to change." David Cameron
  • Jo4
    33pelter wrote:
    I go every year because somehow my uncle gets free tickets in some newspaper....

THANKS for responding! What newspaper does he get the free tickets in and how long before the exhibition commences?
  • bjo_2
    bjo_2 Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    if you get your Belfast Telegraph delivered from your newsagent
    this counts as home delivery so you get a free voucher for Ideal Home.
    home delivery costs about 20p extra per week at least it did when I last used many years ago
    regards
    bernardowens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family