ABBEY Direct ISA

Options
Hi people,

Won't bore you with all the details but if anyone is considering opening one....

Opened one 7th April and filled in transfer forms for two transfers on same day.
Just found out one transfer request wasn't made till 22 days later and the second 36 days later !!!! So transfers won't happen till a further 30 days after these dates !!!! and no-one at Abbey has any idea why it took so long

Honkin' Service !!
What's that all about ???? :confused:

ICESAVE or Barclays in future me thinks.

Cheers
Chris.

Comments

• RayWolfe
    RayWolfe Posts: 3,045 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Barclays? Pan, fire, into, frying, come to mind. I can't think why.
    However, as with Barkleys, there is enough evidence on this board to have warned you not to get the Abbey Habit.
  • The_Laddie
    The_Laddie Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, you're right although I had already filled in the forms and set up the account before a lot of the Abbey bad news came to light ;)

I also never mentioned the 25 minute phone call to the ISA centre to confirm they don't actually know anything. (So any financial gain from transferring is probably now null and void). Bieng cut off the once and receiving a cash card even though I'm convinced I asked not to have one :rolleyes:

Maybe they should be spending some of their Formula one advertising budget on their admin centres !!!! :D
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have cancelled my transfer to them and will be transfering the £2000 I opened the account with, because of there incompetance. My husband has still not received his registration no. from the inspite of numerous phone calls, so that one will be closed too.
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    millie wrote: »
    I have cancelled my transfer to them and will be transfering the £2000 I opened the account with, because of there incompetance. My husband has still not received his registration no. from the inspite of numerous phone calls, so that one will be closed too.

My husband finally got his welcome pack today almost 3 months after filling in the online application, still no registration number though, I have shredded the whole lot up and will leave the money where it is, who knows how long the transfer would take, with the loss of interest its just not worth it.
  • bashful
    bashful Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My wife and I transferred out of out 2007/8 Barclays Tax Saver ISAs into Abbey.

We applied online on 28 March and our transferred funds didn't show in the accounts until 27 May. Almost makes Barclays look good eh?

The reason for this post is to ask anyone with a fully functioning Abbey ISA when do they add interest please? Barclays interest is added end of the month and shows on line next day. I was hoping the same for Abbey but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Also, can anyone remind me of the Abbey deal on interest - when do they promise to backdate it to - is it when they asked Barclays for our dosh?
  • rdp1980
    rdp1980 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    bashful wrote: »
    The reason for this post is to ask anyone with a fully functioning Abbey ISA when do they add interest please? Barclays interest is added end of the month and shows on line next day. I was hoping the same for Abbey but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I have the Easy ISA (as it is now called) which I have had for years but the rates are quite pitiful now I am back in the lowest tier! That pays interest annually on 1 March each year so perhaps the Direct ISA does too.

But as I say, mine is an older product and it may be new accounts are set up differently.
  • BenL
    BenL Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    Abbey screwed up mine as well and the rate dropped in the mean time.

I got card and pin with account number etc, then got forms asking for ID afterwards to open the account.

Shouldn't have sent me a card if it wasn't open.

I am at a loss as to what has happened with it but they returned my opening de;posit cheque as well so I am trying somewhere else.
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've also cancelled my transfer into Abbey and asked them to close the account.

Catalogue of errors include:

1. Website problems during initial application so had to be completed by telephone.

2. Failure to send out paperwork, claiming it must have been lost in the post :rolleyes:

3. Had to re-apply for new account due to lost paperwork on first one.

4. Sent out cashcard and pin number after I said I didn't want one.

5. Failed to complete transfer of funds after nearly 10 weeks of "processing".

6. On my last phone call to them they somehow managed to transfer me to Virgin Media whilst waiting to be put through to their ISA dept!!!! :eek:

NEVER, EVER, EVER again will I go to Abbey for ANYTHING!!! :mad:
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Rob_07
    Rob_07 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied for my ISA on the 7th April and the account was only opened on the 7th May the transfer still hasn't gone through and barclays say they haven't recieved the request for the transfer yet even though abbey should of recieved the signed form on the 12th April. I made a complaint on the 1st May about the slow opening, the loss of interest, the shocking customer service (Making numerous calls only to be told that they would send an email to someone and they would get back to me - but surprise surprise they never) and guess over a month after making the complaint still no response even though the letter says that i would recieve a reply within 7 days and if not by then i would get an update 4 weeks later, so i rung the complaints department this morning and was on the phone for 30 mins only to be told that she doesn't have the phone number of the person she needs to get in contact with so she would send an email and they would get back to me - i'm sure i've heard that before - i won't hold my breath!

The worst company ever!
  • Rob_07
    Rob_07 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *Bump*

What do you think i should do regarding my experiences above? What compensation do you think i shold expect, i have heard that people have been given either £50 or £100?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure