Top 10 Tesco Rewards Discussion

Former_MSE_Penelope
Former_MSE_Penelope Posts: 536 Forumite
edited 3 August 2011 at 1:06PM in Shop but don't drop
Convert vouchers to Tesco Rewards and they're worth up to three times the face value on deals such as restaurant vouchers, breakdown, magazine subscriptions and more. However, some deals are better than others.

See our TOP 10 TESCO REWARDS

and then click reply to discuss and add your alternatives or suggestions

Comments

• Daisy_Bell
    Daisy_Bell Posts: 186 Forumite
    There is a big snag with this Tesco Summer Clubcard Voucher Exchange. I got £31 in Tesco vouchers today and it seems you can only double up the £5 vouchers or top up smaller denominations to make £5! I didn't get any £5 ones! I got 1 x £10, 1 x £12 & 1 x £9. Thus I can get £5 doubled up out of each voucher OK, but the rest of each voucher has to be put back into my clubcard account and carried over until the next payout! That means £16 worth of vouchers has to be carried over back to my account. They could have given me my vouchers in multiples of £5, but that's not how it works! Tesco is not daft! It is worked out how much it is gong to cost Tesco by experts! Martin's review on this made it sound as if one could simply double up on each voucher! Not so! :(

"Common Sense is really not so common!"
  • I have been exchanging my Tesco vouchers for YHA coupons, 3x their value (used to be 4 times at one stage). Only catch is you cant use as part of a group booking (10 or more) or Bank Holidays, otherwise as good as using money. You have to get your vouchers, find a place at a YHA and just send them off, adding a cheque for anything over and above the voucher value.
  • Daisy Bell, Your £10 and £12 vouchers can be doubled up to 1 x £20 in 1 catagory or 2 x £10 in two different catagories, hence only £2 having to be rolled back to your account(if you use the £12 voucher). Hope I've explained that properly
  • We have used this 3 x voucher to value twice now and have got a weekend away for virtually 'free' (just adding a few pounds ) The Best Western Customer Services are brilliant you don't have to wait ages to get through the switchboard system and they do wait whilst you discuss options with freinds / other half whilst you're on the phone. Their strap line is true - their hotels do seem to have personality. Beware you do have to book early especially Summer months. Can't rate them highly enough. :T
  • rojanich
    rojanich Posts: 31 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We use our Tesco vouchers mostly for Hotel Breaks and Restaurant Vouchers. Agree with drkofglos that Best Western bookings are brilliant. We just get the vouchers and contact the booking people to find where and when they have availability. We can usually get a hotel somewhere we want to visit but, yes, you do have to book early. We're lucky that we can go away pretty much whenever we want (retired) and so far this year we have had one 2 night and two 3 night B&Bs in good hotels (check Tripadvisor first !) costing us £18. :T
    Combine with restaurant vouchers and you've got a really cheap short break. We hadn't been to Cafe Rouge for ages but had a great meal at Cheshire Oaks thanks to Tesco vouchers. Only cost us £30 for a three course meal with aperitifs, wine and coffee for two.:beer:
    I know none of it's 'free' as you pay in other ways but as Tesco is always cheaper for our shopping basket we well pleased.
    Jane
  • Daisy_Bell
    Thanks MK. I must have misunderstood then. I don't think it was explained properly to me in th3 first place! So presumably I can also double up £5 of my £9 voucher, with the other £4 being credited back to my account then?

• firespire
    firespire Posts: 795 Forumite
    The article says Redspottedhanky has a £1 delivery fee but this appears to be incorrect because they say on their website front page -
    You won't be charged any credit or debit card fees nor will you be charged any booking fees. And, unless you need next day delivery, you won't be charged for the delivery of your ticket either.
    and I have never been charged for 1st class delivery on the site.
  • Daisy Bell, yes that's correct. It does seem a waste though doesn't it to lose about £6 worth of points til next mailing? I'm saving mine for next time-hopefully more Xmas type products available
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am getting more and more disappointed with Airmiles... I changed a lot at the special offer and now cannot spend them as they stopped flying to many places..
    And the newish 50 miles for £2.50 is just ridiculous!! That means that going to zone 2 from anywhere but London you need £100 in Tesco vouchers, when you would be better off spending £100 in store and get Jet2 flights for less!!!:-)))
  • Daisy_Bell
    Daisy Bell, yes that's correct. It does seem a waste though doesn't it to lose about £6 worth of points til next mailing? I'm saving mine for next time-hopefully more Xmas type products available

Well it's the first time I've ever exchanged all of my vouchers in the Voucher Exchange. In the past, there has only ever been one category of any use to me and that was the dog food & accessories one and I could hardly spend the lot on a year's supply of dog food could I? This time I could spend them in three categories -Tesco Finest Foods, Skincare & Cosmetics and dog food! Dividing them all up into sections. I didn't mind the £6 being carried over at all; I reckon I still got a good deal, considering I thought I could only have £5 on each voucher to double up! I went and spent the skincare and dog food vouchers this afternoon! :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport