How to stop a squeeky gas meter?

roger_c
roger_c Posts: 320 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I have a really squeaky gas meter. I have a combi boiler so every time a hot tap or the heating is running/on the dials go round on the meter and squeak!

PLEASE can someone tell me who I should contact? :confused: I'm in Glasgow and my energy supplier is NPower.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• If your with Britsh Gas they will just send someone to go change the meter for you free of charge.
    Sunny in Southampton.
  • Gman0365
    Gman0365 Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Phone NPower, and explain the problem. They will arrange for the meter to be exchanged free of charge as it is faulty. Some of the meters that are being fitted now are absolute rubbish (one manufacturer in particular). The internal mechanism could be jammed and thats whats causing the squeeking.

If you notice any other problems such as fluctuating flames on appliances such as hob or the flame on the boiler (if you can see it) then just phone the National Gas Emergency Service 0800 111 999.

If the only symptom you've got is a squeeky meter then just leave it to NPower to book in a meter exchange at a time that is suitable for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure