IMMEDIATE FINANCIAL - need to get out!

Options
2»

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, now I'm confused.com. You were advised to leave Immediate Financial in January, and now you are saying you are still with them, nearly nine months later. Hows that? Why didn't you make a move ages ago? :undecided
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi SuperOX

Let's be very clear on this - you should leave the fee-charging company immediately. There is no case for giving them another penny. As FireWyrm says there is nothing here that you cannot do yourself.

You should cancel any bank instructions to pay IF money - whether that is a Direct Debit or Standing Order - and ensure they are unable to take any further funds from you.

Can they ask you for more money in fees afterwards if they claim the terms and conditions allow them to? Possibly.

Will they have the gall to pursue you all the way to court for those fees? I very much doubt it.

Write to Barclays making it clear that you wish to deal with them directly, outlining your payment offer. There are oodles of letter templates on here that you can use.

Good luck

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure