MSE Poll: How do you rate your broadband provider?

Poll started 18 July 2017

How do you rate your broadband provider?

We can tell you which the cheapest providers are, but to find out if their customer service is any good, we need your help.

Please rate your BROADBAND provider on customer service (not price) over the past SIX MONTHS.

Switched broadband recently? Rate the provider you were with the longest over the last SIX MONTHS.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Where is the option for not having to contact customer services?
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Never had a problem.
    Surprised at the results.
  • Vickimichelle
    Vickimichelle Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    We're with BT & I can't complain about the speed or reliability. The wi fi range is nothing like they state though so that would be my only complaint. :j

I've been with Sky recently & it was crap, same with Talk Talk. :mad:

Unfortunately we can't get Virgin here. :cool:
  • Honda2ner
    Honda2ner Posts: 17 Forumite
    Why does the latest MSE email state that Talk Talk came last in the broadband customer satisfaction poll with 40% rating it as poor? Origin got 68% poor...

Could it be that because MSE recommended Origin even though they are absolutely awful they are just lying to cover up their mess or are they just no good at maths? Either way it's not a good look.

How about correcting the obvious mistake and telling the truth about how MSE mistakenly recommended an awful company.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    When I click on the link, I get the Poll for your main way of spending when abroad. :(

In fact, I get that Poll when I click on other Poll threads, too! :huh:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Pyxis wrote: »
    When I click on the link, I get the Poll for your main way of spending when abroad. :(

In fact, I get that Poll when I click on other Poll threads, too! :huh:

Me too....... .
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Pyxis
    Me too....... .

I thought I was going bonkers!

Perhaps the Poll had closed but they didn't say so?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• winnoch
    winnoch Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm surprised that Plusnet keep doing to so well in these polls. I've been with them for 2 years and consistently find them to be poor in most, but not all aspects of their service.

Positives;
    Helpful UK call centre WHEN you get through to them.
    Broadband speed as advertised for me
    Never had a problem with the phone line

Negatives;
    Virtually never a month goes by without some BB issue; either drop-outs or service down or router issues.

Atrocious waiting times. I've probably had to call plusnet 10 times+ since joining them. I've called at all times of the day and night and NEVER been on hold for less than 30 minutes, with a maximum wait time of 1 hour 30 mins :eek: Every time I get the same excuse from the call handler that this is unusual and they've had a recent increase in customers so are playing catch-up training more staff urgently. I swear this is a stock response as I get a variant of it every time I complain about the wait times.:(

To be honest, I could probably forgive the ropey and intermittent broadband connection if I could just get through to the fekers. I never want to wait longer than 5 mins on hold for any utility. I'm sorry, but short of an international disaster, anything longer is unacceptable. Over an hour makes me want to screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam.:mad:
  • Pyxis
    edited 8 August 2017 at 6:10AM
    I've been with Plusnet three years, and for me, the Yorkshire Call centre was the deciding point, as previously I'd had so much trouble with call centres based abroad.

Yes, I've had a lot of drop-outs in the last 6months, but that could be because the router needs replacing. My first was one was replaced free of charge after 18months.

By the way, I still can't get to the Poll from the link. When I click on it, it takes me to a Poll about mental health and debts. :(
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I now get a poll on mental health
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts