Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Thank you elsien, you are likely right that she will need rehab. The nurse told me today that it will take a while for her to get better because of her age and the nature of the fracture. I know she is not going to want move but her front door opens onto her living room and the only other downstairs room is the kitchen, there is simply nowhere to place a bathroom in such a tiny house.

WaSp and I are aware most of the arrangements will fall onto us working with social services because BIL won't be able to deal with this at all. Our minds are whirling from first worrying about Milliefleur, then where will she live, then having to clear her house if she does move somewhere else and making sure she is as happy as she can be there. I can already hear my bubbly bulldozer of a social worker telling me that this is not my concern and to concentrate on me, easier said than done!

Deep breaths all around here, first let's get her better and then see what happens next. I just feel so sad for her because she was so happy with everything that had been set up and it took us so long to get to this point.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • usernameisvalid
    Options
    Anyone about this time of night?
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry usernameisvalid, I usually am but for once actually fell asleep! Hope you are ok
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I fell asleep when I came in from work yesterday. No weird dreams last night. I feel a million times better today. (DH said that I don't realise how quickly I go downhill without it, but I think I am beginning to understand that now).

faerie, I didn't realise that BPD could be a form of PTSD, but that makes a lot of sense, and so much more acceptable to me.

Can't remember what else I was going to say.

usernameisvalid, come and chat anyway even if no one is about. Dump it all down in a post. There is sure to be someone who it chimes with.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    *waves at usernameisvalid* - sorry there was no-one around - there often is! Hope you are sleeping now and will come back to share xxxxx

WaS - sooo sorry about Milliefleur. Yes, clearing the house is a problem but you should get help - do talk to bubbly bulldozer about this. Through it all shines a really bright light for me - she is no longer able to be abused by BiL! I honestly think that she will enjoy her new life far more than you expect, make loads of new friends (and, as elsien pointed out, she may well be able to attend some of her old stuff as well) and never be lonely! It should, with any luck, take loads of stress from you and WaSP. I suppose it's too much to hope that BiL will get his problems looked at as well and start to become a useful member of society.... :p
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 August 2016 at 10:52AM
    Options
    I've been gardening most of the afternoon in the rented front garden.

I thought that I could tidy up both hedges (there's one either side) but on chopping back some of the dead undergrowth, I found that one overgrown hedge is rooted on our side of the boundary.

I ended up chopping back to the boundary, resulting in much more greenery than I anticipated.

I filled the garden waste bin and tried to disguise two filled bin bags as domestic waste.

I was already knackered when I realised I would have to pick up the bits.

Off and out of the 'classy' blue slate chippings that cover the front yard.

I ended up crawling, squatting and crab walking across the yard carefully sorting stone from leaf material and carefully putting the green waste into the domestic compost caddy.

It was murder on my legs.

Then I went to a Personal Training session at the new gym I joined.

Squats, leg raises, the most pitiful sit ups ever and two goes at cross training.

The poor woman saw the state of me and told me to rest until she sees me again on Saturday morning.

I'm wrecked and still need to manage another 2,000 steps before I finish.

This getting fit lark is exhausting.

Makes one appreciate the success of the Brownlee brothers in the Triathlon! :rotfl:

Anyone about this time of night?
    Usernameisvalid, I hope you're ok. :A

WaS, would one of these work.?......

image-5.jpg

It's a home lift.
    Probably expensive, but the footprint is quite small. They hold two people, I believe.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis
    edited 24 August 2016 at 12:31PM
    Options
    Lambyr wrote: »
    Just been entering my meter readings. Last bill was an estimated one so thought I'd get an accurate one this time.

Scottish Power seem to be alright getting the electricity usage accurate but they overestimated the gas usage on the last one because the figure they have for May is higher than the figure I've got on my meter for today! :D

Anyhoo, decided to see if they had a better tarrif on offer and they have one they reckon will save about £30 per year, with a DD about £15 lower per month. Went to try and take it and whenever I got to checkout, the DD amount got set to £927.85 per month! :eek: Dunno where that's coming from because the tarrif itself isn't supposed to total that in a year!

I'll try again in a few days. Good job I didn't just absent-mindedly click checkout, eh? :rotfl:

I got my annual reckoning-up last week, and I'd built up a huge credit £190+ pounds on the gas! and a smaller credit, about £48 on the electricity. My DDs have been reduced.
    I did remember thinking last year, when the DDs went up, that they seemed high, but I decided to let it run in case we had a dreadful winter.
    Quite a nice surprise to get that credit paid back.

I thought that gas/lecky were supposed to tell you if there's a tariff that would be cheaper for you?

PLUS: ELEVEN DAYS TO POLDARK DAY! swoon
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't quite work out from my latest bill whether I'm going to be in credit or owe them money now that I've finally given them correct readings rather than relying on estimated ones...

I really should try to give them correct readings more often but as our meters are in the cupboard under the stairs and we live in the upstairs flat it's not all that easy. Our downstair's neighbour's lovely and doesn't mind when we have to go and take readings but, as she has to rearrange some of her living room furniture for me to be able to get into the cupboard, it's not something I do unless it's absolutely necessary.
  • Pyxis
    Options
    If you enjoyed the spectacle of all those toned bodies in the Olympics, then the thread ladies, (some of them anyway! :D) , will need calming down after you've watched the rippling muscles in "Thor, The Dark World" which is on Monday, BBC1 at 8.30pm. ;)

By the way, in case you don't know, the rules regarding watching TV only on catch-up is changing from 1st September, so that from that date you will need a TV licence, even if you only watch catch-up on a computer or mobile device.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Pyxis
    Options
    Izadora wrote: »
    I can't quite work out from my latest bill whether I'm going to be in credit or owe them money now that I've finally given them correct readings rather than relying on estimated ones...

I really should try to give them correct readings more often but as our meters are in the cupboard under the stairs and we live in the upstairs flat it's not all that easy. Our downstair's neighbour's lovely and doesn't mind when we have to go and take readings but, as she has to rearrange some of her living room furniture for me to be able to get into the cupboard, it's not something I do unless it's absolutely necessary.
    Lambyr wrote: »
    They tell you on your bill, which actually isn't that helpful. I have paperless billing and just check my account now and again to see whether I'm in debit or credit and how much of either. I don't tend to look at the bills!

Just did and on the last bill they did note I could switch to a different tariff and save about £12 per year.

I've just downloaded the Scottish Power energy app. Maybe it's time to be a bit more proactive about meter readings? Might set a reminder on my phone to go do it once per month.

Not sure, but one of those smart meters might have a wireless device you keep in the house and refer to at will. Also, I think the smart meters themselves send almost constant update readings to the energy company. You could opt for one of those.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure