New Zealand / Australia trip using vouchers

I'm totally lost. I've never planned a trip before.

I won £4000 in love to shop holiday vouchers but have no idea how to use them properly. I telephoned 'love to shop' and they've told me I can use them to get a package holiday but I don't want that and can't find a company they approve to visit Australia and New Zealand. They cannot help plan a trip for me. I have to find what I want then contact them with a company who can plan everything. But I'm lost and don't know where to start!

I want to travel to Christchurch, New Zealand to visit and stay with family and hopefully go up to Cairns, Australia to visit other family.

The trip is for myself and my adult daughter.

Planning to travel for 3 to 4 weeks in June/July next year. Thought a week or so in New Zealand first then could stop on Sydney for a few days then up to Cairns for a week. Could add in a few days stopover somewhere on the way home too but I'm open to suggestions.

Any help would be appreciated. I have attached a list of the companies I can use. l2t-card-list.pdf

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• https://www.highstreetvouchers.com/COMMON/pdfs/l2t-card-list.pdf
    - that's list of operators that are included.

Off the top of my head:

Kuoni http://www.kuoni.co.uk/new-zealand

It looks like Contiki also goes to NZ but their website is down.

http://www.gocollette.com/en-gb/tours/australasia/new-zealand

Easiest way would be to work your way through the list and google the respective company to see if they fly to NZ/Aus, make a shortlist and go from there.
    Save £12k in 2017 / Dec 2017 Travel Cash = £12,400 / £14,000 88.5%[/COLOR]

House Deposit = £20,500 / £18,000:money:
  • Thank you very much.

I've tried going through the list but didn't really want a package deal believe me I've searched them all. None do Auz and NZ together and I'd need Australia flights to Cairns from New Zealand too. I've spent hours online looking but appreciate your help 👍🏻
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    What did Kuoni and Thomas Cook suggest?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Why not a package holiday? Contact Cox and Kings. They'll tailor make you a package holiday. You pick all the flights etc and they put them all together and you benefit from the package regulations.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 October 2017 at 11:19AM
    Vouchers nearly always require you to take a package holiday as they do deals with the companies concerned which they cannot do with multiple airlines. If Thomas Cooks is on the list see whether they will book the flights you want together with some accommodation which could create a package to your own liking. Cox and Kings is very expensive, Contiki may be too much like student travel so try and find something in the middle
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thinking outside the box, why not sell the vouchers? Cash far more useful in this situation.

If you aren't wanting the ebay route, ask friends and family to buy off you asap so they can use them on their Christmas shopping.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    Call up Love2Shop Holidays with flight details you want and they'll book a flight only for you. They'll be more expensive than booking direct, but you get to use your vouchers.

I did this at the end of last year.

Options for stop offs could include Dubai, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore and more, and these will affect what airlines are available to you.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    Double post.
  • bylromarha wrote: »
    Thinking outside the box, why not sell the vouchers? Cash far more useful in this situation.

If you aren't wanting the ebay route, ask friends and family to buy off you asap so they can use them on their Christmas shopping.

Thank you but I don't have any family who have a spare £4000 to buy them from me. eBay would take hundreds of it and PayPal take a cut too! The vouchers have to be used for a holiday.
  • Surely those two travel agents will book flight only for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure