MINT PPI claim refused, should I pursue...

TOTALNEWBIE
TOTALNEWBIE Posts: 67 Forumite
No longer relevant

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Hi All,

I made a claim for a PPI refund on my MINT credit card. I dont recall opting for it but they say I did. I sent the first letter from this site to them & they have just come back to me saying that the policy was provided on a "non advice" basis & that I signed the application as it was a postal application.

This results in them not upholding my claim.

DO you guys think it is worth pursuing :question:

Thanks!

Hi there

If this was not the final decision, then write back to them, in the final decision they should let you know if your able to take your complaint to the financial ombudsman service (FOS).

Write back and tell them you do not agree with the decision they made on your complaint and despite them clarifying it was sold on a non-advised basis you still strongly believe you were mis sold the PPI and request they consider.

Keep at them until you receive the final decision, good luck and please keep us posted.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hi TOTALNEWBIE
    keep at it.im currently in the claim process and its painfully slow.Patience is not my strong point but im not going to let a overpaid system absorb any more of my hard earned cash.Its your readies so dont give up :-)
  • Thanks, will fight on!
  • I would also look at the FOS website as there are some interesting cases on what the customer would understand at the point of sale. Nada if it was a postal application. Also, it is not sufficient for the Bank to issue T&Cs for PPI after the sale and expect the customer to understand it. Quote the FOS, I say!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure