B and Q delivery charges

Comments

• sirmarcus wrote: »
    Did you even read the OP? they have no reason to complain[QUOTE

Did you not read the OP when it stated ? :
    Why should a customer be forced into paying delivery charges when they don't want the item delivered. I have phoned B&Q help line but they just told me that was their rules. Can I insist on collecting from the store?
    The OP has reason to complain so get a life !!:p:p:p

The OP is forced to comply with any (legal) terms that a company wants to enforce in selling their property. Just because they don't get thier way is no reason to complain.

I've got a life thanks ;) maybe you should take your own advice.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • sirmarcus
    sirmarcus Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    The OP is forced to comply with any (legal) terms that a company wants to enforce in selling their property. Just because they don't get thier way is no reason to complain.

Not botherd by your opinion or knowledge. Just trrying to help OP, which she has followed and good luck to her. lets hope that she gets a result. :p:p:):):rotfl::rotfl:
  • somethingcorporate
    somethingcorporate Posts: 9,449 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2010 at 7:47PM
    sirmarcus wrote: »
    Not botherd by your opinion or knowledge. Just trrying to help OP, which she has followed and good luck to her. lets hope that she gets a result. :p:p:):):rotfl::rotfl:

You sound like a really nice person.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • sirmarcus
    sirmarcus Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    You sound like a really nice person.

Just as you sound.:)
  • laurel7172
    laurel7172 Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    I confess to being a bit miffed at the waste of my time when I found out that the appliance I wanted in B&Q, which had, I think, 30% off, taking it (just) below the online price wasn't in stock, was *never* held in stock, and had a compulsory £15 delivery charge.

So I didn't bother, and ordered it from somebody else when I got home.
    import this
  • Mankysteve
    Mankysteve Posts: 4,257
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 August 2010 at 8:22PM
    Martina wrote: »
    T However I think it is delivered to the store in a bulk delivery and then to my home. I just don't see why they can't keep it in the store for me to collect.

You'd think wrong.

If you look though the B&Q kitchens leaflet thingy

Then You'll see some item have a little store by them and some only have van.

It does quiet clearly state that if you actually read the broucher.

Anything that has a van next to them are home delivery only. It comes direct from there central warehouse. Doesn't go any where near the store.

They don't allow these items to store becuase it cost them too much to have them delivered to store espically
    adam.mt wrote: »

However they want to do it, you either except the charge and purchase the goods or go elsewhere; they don't have a monopoly on the market for kitchen sinks! Vote with your wallet.

Couldnt Agree more B&Q delivery charges are bit of a rip off.

Ex B&Q employee
  • smcaul
    smcaul Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Mankysteve wrote: »
    They don't allow these items to store becuase it cost them too much to have them delivered to store espically

Ex B&Q employee

Uh, no, it's because their supply chain is antiquated, out of date and useless - they have trucks going from their warehouse to the stores every day, really should not be a problem to have the goods put on that truck, very unlikely that the truck will be 100% full!! Just look at how long it has taken them to get their website up and running!!! they are behind the times, struggling to compete and having to rely on existing supply chain solutions (using Screwfix to ship many of their online items) to even come close to being with the times!!!

Unfortunately they are now so big that they are a virtual monolopy, however they are really quite expensive for a lot of their product line!! They have also managed to make sure the prices at Screwfix have gone right up, they used to be really good on price, now they are just as expensive as B&Q stores!!!

Can you tell I don't like B&Q!!!
  • Mankysteve
    Mankysteve Posts: 4,257
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    While I'm not huge fan of them either and I agree there charges are silly. They about to centralise a load there showroom side of things laying off a load of people in my home town. Stuff that home order only comes from a different warehouse from stuff that's from store order able.

I do agree that if they don't improve certain things there going to find it harder to compete with the like of Tesco and other brands but the fact that there the biggest of the DIY chains mean there are not struggling, one of the few companies to increase profits the financial year before
  • Mankysteve wrote: »
    You'd think wrong.

If you look though the B&Q kitchens leaflet thingy

Then You'll see some item have a little store by them and some only have van.

It does quiet clearly state that if you actually read the broucher.

Anything that has a van next to them are home delivery only. It comes direct from there central warehouse. Doesn't go any where near the store.

Couldnt Agree more B&Q delivery charges are bit of a rip off.

Ex B&Q employee

The sink that I wanted was on display in the store so I didn't need to be looking in the brochure. There was no obvious notice by items like these to tell a customer that there was a compulsory home delivery cost. I have read the brochure now and I am more convinced that the charges are unfair. Also I was charged for delivery on the orginal price of the sink and not the discount price which would have brought the cost down to £10. Yet another policy that I wasn't aware of.

I am very grateful for your reply.
  • The OP is forced to comply with any (legal) terms that a company wants to enforce in selling their property. Just because they don't get thier way is no reason to complain.

A customer has every right to complain. What sort of country would it be if we are not allowed to complain. Companies wouidl get away with whatever they wanted. It isn't about the customer getting their own way. It is making companies aware how their policies affects their customers. I don't think people complain enough!:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure