The Lal Qila, Liverpool

Options
Went for a meal at an Indian restaurant called The Lal Qila in Liverpool. The restaurant didn't seem the cleanest and there was a hair in my food, the food was terrible and there was no running water in the toilets, so once we'd "visited" you could hardly go back to the restaurant and eat your food with dirty hands and pick up nan bread etc.. We also saw staff use the same toilets and they were serving the food... I felt sick to be honest...

Do we have any rights in complaining or getting some of our money back for the meal? Does anyone have any advise please? Needless to say I will never be going back there again...

Comments

• maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Report it to Enviromental Health?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Do we have any rights in complaining or getting some of our money back for the meal? Does anyone have any advise please? Needless to say I will never be going back there again...

I think you should have complained at the time tbh, it's a bit late after the event.
    :p
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your replies - I know what you're saying, we did try but the staff had all disappeared leaving one guy who just fobbed us off as if we were making something out out nothing.. Couldn't quite believe it if I'm honest.. I just wish I'd have known my rights at the time and I'd have probably handled it differently - didn't help that we were with a couple who we don't know extremely well so we were all pretty much on "good behaviour/manners" etc..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure