IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Appeal (ECP) - Submitted - awaiting response

Options

Comments

• MikeHammer
    Options
    Thanks for your advice Fruitcake and Umkomaas - appreciate your time.

I apologise for starting a new thread - I didn't realise this was the etiquette on this forum so am sorry.

Previous forums I've posted on have had different expectations, usually one topic or question per thread (hence why I've started a new one for a different question). I think the logic was if you're thread titles are a clear indication as to the contents, it helps other board users either read or search for threads they're interested in.

I'll do as you ask and pm the Board Guides.

Thanks again.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, as said, one thread per topic.

Feel free to edit the thread title as your issue progresses.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi Mike - your threads have been merged.

:)
  • MikeHammer
    Options
    Great - thank you for the help :)
    Crabman wrote: »
    Hi Mike - your threads have been merged.

:)
  • MikeHammer
    Options
    Am submitting appeal today and in process of getting the POPLA appeal sorted. I have a question around a discrepancy in the NTK the keeper received from Euro Car Parks. It might be nothing and irrelevant.

POFA 2012 paragraph 9(2)(f), when talking about the parking charge, states that the notice must: "warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given".

The NTK from ECP states: "you are advised that if, after 29 days from the date given (which is presumed to be the second working day after the date issued), the parking charge has not been paid in full........"

To me, there's a discrepancy there and ECP aren't saying the same thing that POFA says. Actually, ECP are giving longer to pay the charge but it's still not the same as the POFA wording. What do people think?
  • MikeHammer
    MikeHammer Posts: 50 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2017 at 11:55AM
    Options
    In relation to my post above, I've just found this thread (linked below) where someone won their ECP POPLA appeal seemingly because of this discrepancy:

I'm not 100% sure this is why the appeal was won as the POPLA decision (I recall the info on the Newbie thread about ParkingEye(?) and the 'golden ticket'.. I'd appreciate someone with more experience taking a couple minutes to read the decision and let me know if I have a point here.

Thank you in advance.

Thread: hxxp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619848&highlight=euro+car+parks+won&page=2#28
  • MikeHammer
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm seeking clarification on the question from above, specifically:
    MikeHammer wrote: »
    Am submitting appeal today and in process of getting the POPLA appeal sorted. I have a question around a discrepancy in the NTK the keeper received from Euro Car Parks. It might be nothing and irrelevant.

POFA 2012 paragraph 9(2)(f), when talking about the parking charge, states that the notice must: "warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given".

The NTK from ECP states: "you are advised that if, after 29 days from the date given (which is presumed to be the second working day after the date issued), the parking charge has not been paid in full........"

To me, there's a discrepancy there and ECP aren't saying the same thing that POFA says. Actually, ECP are giving longer to pay the charge but it's still not the same as the POFA wording. What do people think?

Thank you!
  • MikeHammer
    Options
    When I've written my POPLA appeal and am seeking help/feedback is it etiquette to post a new thread or to continue this one?

Thank you
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    stick to the same thread please

one topic , one thread only

open a new thread if its a different topic or pcn or court case

so one thread for each case , start to finish
  • MikeHammer
    Options
    Redx wrote: »